• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Verotik
2 2

14 posts in this topic

Why in the name of beelzebub would you slab this comic?

According to the CGC census there are all of 8 copies graded. No one is rushing to slab this book. I wonder why? (hint, see next sentence)

According to GPAnalysis a CGC 9.8 sold in April 2021 for $54. You're not going to realize a great profit here and if it doesn't end up as a 9.8 grade even more so.

If you're sure it's a 9.8 and you're okay with it taking MONTHS to come back to you, even more if you have it pressed, then it's your money, go for it. (thumbsu

Edited by Jeffro.

On 8/8/2021 at 6:11 AM, Jeffro. said:

According to the CGC census there are all of 8 copies of the comic slabbed. No one is rushing to slab this book. I wonder why? (hint, see next sentence)

According to GPAnalysis a CGC 9.8 sold in April 2021 for $54. You're not going to realize a great profit here and if it doesn't end up as a 9.8 grade even more so.

If you're sure it's a 9.8 and you're okay with it taking MONTHS to come back to you, even more if you have it pressed, then it's your money, go for it. (thumbsu

I'd do Express tier, overnight it via UPS, and anticipate that 9.8 :wishluck:

Should be a quick flip with "Rare" in the title on that eBay post.

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW

Are there situations where a book was previously gradable  but now they don’t grade them anymore? I’m not sure I follow the question.

also, probably better to ask the company directly what they grade, especially if you are under the impression the company  policy changes.  As opposed to asking random internet strangers.  What if you got conflicting answers?  What is the advantage over contacting the company directly?

On 8/8/2021 at 11:18 AM, Juno Beach said:

Is that signed? That's going to knock it down from 9.8 or it's a green label.

No. That’s a stock pic from CLZ.

On 8/8/2021 at 8:11 AM, Jeffro. said:

According to the CGC census there are all of 8 copies graded. No one is rushing to slab this book. I wonder why? (hint, see next sentence)

I’m sending in another batch and looking to send in several I can sell, so the time doesn’t bother me.

Just looking at my options and their guidelines say you can’t send in this kind of book, but I see there are some graded.

On 8/8/2021 at 3:35 PM, revat said:

Are there situations where a book was previously gradable  but now they don’t grade them anymore?

Yes. I had a couple of books rejected due to bring too explicit (The Dead, Arrow Comics 1993 - Gore Editions). "OK, cool" I thought. Then I noticed a few on the Census, which means they had been graded in the past.