• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF1
2 2

30 posts in this topic

Geez, look at all these great books from @WalesUK. What is it - Christmas-for-graders-day? 

Nah, it's the anniversary of the birth of the Marvel Universe.

0.5. Too much of that back cover is missing along with the other defects.

Thanks very much for sharing this book and the others.

On 8/8/2021 at 7:09 PM, WalesUK said:

IMG_5176.jpg

I love that M.M 9d stamp, Josey - about the fourth one I've seen. Len Miller's wife, perhaps? :bigsmile:

Given that the book exists as a pence copy, distributed by Thorpe & Porter, it's interesting to see a cents copy with a stamp like that.

I'm not an expert on the practice, but I don't see that copy being strong enough to take a press and I suspect it wouldn't do much for it even if it could. 0.5 to 1.0 is likely the best it could achieve given what is missing. 

Thanks for posting it :)

On 8/8/2021 at 2:47 PM, grendelbo said:

Geez, look at all these great books from @WalesUK. What is it - Christmas-for-graders-day? 

Nah, it's the anniversary of the birth of the Marvel Universe.

0.5. Too much of that back cover is missing along with the other defects.

Thanks very much for sharing this book and the others.

CGC also marks a book “incomplete” if a certain amount of the cover is missing.

Edited by Terry_JSA

Boy would I like to read about everything this comic's gone through in the last 70 odd years. There's a story here and I think I have a great idea for the next Marvel movie. 

Also not sure if it would be a good press candidate. A lot of what's wrong won't be fixed with a press. But, it is complete and I'm also thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of .5

Thanks for posting it. 

Are you able to let us know where you got it? I'd settle for that. 

On 8/8/2021 at 4:35 PM, comicginger1789 said:

As for thoughts, this is exactly the type of copy I imagine finding and being able to get some day if I am ever that fortunate. Lovely worn book especially if inside is complete. 

My old Marvel keys are like this and I wouldn't want them any other way.

On 8/8/2021 at 4:09 PM, ninanina said:

Boy would I like to read about everything this comic's gone through in the last 70 odd years. There's a story here

I picked up a low-grade UK Avengers 1 about 30 years ago and have always wondered about it's journey, especially getting back to the USA and NM from across the pond. The hands it traveled through. The eyes that read it.

The_Incredible_Journey.jpg.60f63eb051a3be0641d8d3f1d7cc0775.jpg