• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling My Comic Collection of 37+ Years
2 2

45 posts in this topic

I'm having an auction house (A Ok auction) auction off my comic book collection of August 21st @ 10 a.m. if anyone is interested. The entire collection is raw books and I've been seriously collecting for 37 years and reading/buying comics for 40+ years. The collection has everything for Golden Age to Modern books with a few Pulps from the 1920's - 1950's.

A few of the highlights are a complete 1970's Marvel comic Star Wars run, an Amazing Spider-Man run from issue 13-400 and a nice assortment of Silver Age Marvel books

Here's a link to the auction, it's on Invaluable and might be on AuctionZip at some point. A-Ok auction house in Damascus, Virginia will be hosting the auction of August 21st at 10 a.m.

https://www.invaluable.com/catalog/knjun5oq6d?fbclid=IwAR28VMOW9Sl0u-4b5ehM9NCn7B3gd6j60B8Zz_Vg3HeUtMd2UP6wl2KaieM

On 8/9/2021 at 7:13 PM, shadroch said:

Are there any grader notes? Just one picture and an estimate of $50-$5,000 makes me hesitate. 

To be fair, the estimate of $50 to $5000 is pretty accurate lol .  Are the pages of books counted so we know they're complete?  Restoration check?  Interior damage disclosed?  

If you have any questions concerning the auction you can contact the auction house, A Ok auction group LLC, by their website, phone or Facebook page. They've been in the auction business for decades, but first became in comic book & collectable auctions about 5-6 years ago when they worked a huge estate auction. They seem to auction off comic collections on regular/possibly monthly basis now. A lot of the local dealers and comic con people in Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina seem to participate in their auctions on a regular basis.

I believe that they always start the bidding off low and there's no reserve on any of the lots. I'm just ready to leave the hobby and haven't participated in a con or event in the last 4/5 years. 

Spoke with the auction house today and was informed that they will be listing the rest of my collection in the upcoming days prior to the auction. Should be several thousand more books listed. I was into collecting complete runs so their is probably something for everyone in the auction.

If there's any Star Wars, Amazing Spider-Man, Iron Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Batman or Superman fans this will definitely be an auction that you don't want to miss.

On 8/12/2021 at 8:15 AM, joeypost said:

Wonder how many PM's he's gotten so far.

Won't do any good to PM me but I'm sure that the auction house, A Ok Auction Gallery LLC, will be more than happy to answer any questions by telephone (276-676-0009), email, their website or their Facebook page. Alan Shupe is in charge of the auction and I'm sure that he's hoping that as many people as possible participate in the auction.

I'm new to selling comics as I've mainly been buying them since around 1978 and seriously collecting them since 1984 when the first comic book store opened up in the small city near where I lived. Ever since 1978 I've been buying comic books from grocery stores, gas stations, comic shops, out of the back of comic book advertisements (Mile High Comics), flea markets, yard sales and trading with my friends. Over the years in my adult life I was in the United States Air Force and bought comic books at all of the places I was stationed, TDY and deployed to during my career.