• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: X-Men 2 Movie - Guess the Domestic Gross Box Office

How much money do you think the X-Men 2 movie will gross domestically (i.e., U.S. only)  

102 members have voted

1. 1. How much money do you think the X-Men 2 movie will gross domestically (i.e., U.S. only)

9 posts in this topic

I voted $250,000-$300,000 for two reasons

1) tickets prices are higher.

2) because of the VHS/DVD alot of people saw it that didn't see it in thearters. I have heard nothing but good reviews.(IMHO first movie had great story line that did not seem like superhero movie.) CHRIS

I'm voting a little lower than most, mainly because of that movie coming out on May 15 that may pull some people from X-Men. Matrix is going to be gigantic.

Very true...but X2 should do more than X1 on opening weekend, and if the word of mouth is true that the flick is awesome, the 2nd weekend drop-off will be much much less than the first one's abysmal numbers. By the time Matrix 2 opens, X2 should already have the equivalent to X1 at the box office.

$75 mil opening weekend followed by another $25 during the week and then another $45 the second weekend followed by $15 mil during the week and then Matrix 2 opens. Unless I'm totally wrong, that's $160 mil BEFORE Matrix!!!

Go MVL smile.gif

It pretty much needs to make all it can by the time Matrix comes out - have you seen the new (final) Matrix trailer? It looks way better than X2.

Check it out Here

I'm crossing two areas on my X2 gross, I think higher than the original, but not over around 220. I'm guessing in the 180-220Mil range.