• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any early Bob Kane art experts here?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

This is a 1933 Class Program from DeWitt Clinton High School (Kane c/o '33). It is an 8 page leaflet that outlines events for the night's activities. I had hoped that the artist would be credited in the program, but unfortunately they are not.

Are there any early Kane art experts here? I do see vague similarities to some of his early characters like Hiram Hick. Shading technique and lettering similarities as well, although I'm certainly not jumping to any conclusions.

Thanks

Kyle

IMG_0993.jpg

Capture.JPG

@Bandelier

Is that story - "The Case of the Missing Heir" that same that is in Funny Pages #v3#1 which I think may be considered a Bruce Wayne prototype.  That story is written and drawn by Kane.

Here is a link to the GCD listing for that book.  

https://www.comics.org/issue/404/

I also looked on the Digital Comic Museum site and while that evidently is in the public domain, that particular issue has not been uploaded.  Other issues in the series have been.  I think that issue is high on the Gerber scarcity index.

Edited by telerites

Thanks for that - I should have clarified. The bottom images are two known Kane works for comparative purposes only. I pulled them from the web - the only art on this program is the front cover. Sorry for not noting that!

On 8/13/2021 at 5:18 PM, Bandelier said:

Thanks for that - I should have clarified. The bottom images are two known Kane works for comparative purposes only. I pulled them from the web - the only art on this program is the front cover. Sorry for not noting that!

My bad.  I went right to the images and glossed over what you wrote.