• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gothic Tales of Love
1 1

177 posts in this topic

Thanks for the welcome guys. I love weird esoteric comics/mags like this stuff! Glad I could help get that last image for you all.

As far as the interior. Text and illustrations only. Not in comic form. It does not say who the artist is/are like the Gothic Romance mag from Atlas/Seaboard does.

One of these days I am going to send in my GTOL #1 & 2 to CGC. I am pretty good at grading (after over 30 years messing with comics I should be) and I think both will be at least 9.0 (probably higher). Wish I still had my original copy of Gothic Romances. Sold it for $250 raw around 4 years ago. (It was virtually perfect a 9.6 minimum). I still have a lower grade copy but oh the money that sweet copy would bring now!

You should post your 1 & 2 as well....and any other offbeat magazines you have!

Thanks for the welcome guys. I love weird esoteric comics/mags like this stuff! Glad I could help get that last image for you all.

As far as the interior. Text and illustrations only. Not in comic form. It does not say who the artist is/are like the Gothic Romance mag from Atlas/Seaboard does.

One of these days I am going to send in my GTOL #1 & 2 to CGC. I am pretty good at grading (after over 30 years messing with comics I should be) and I think both will be at least 9.0 (probably higher). Wish I still had my original copy of Gothic Romances. Sold it for $250 raw around 4 years ago. (It was virtually perfect a 9.6 minimum). I still have a lower grade copy but oh the money that sweet copy would bring now!

You should post your 1 & 2 as well....and any other offbeat magazines you have!

Oh yes, please do! 893applaud-thumb.gif

yay.gifWelcome to the Boards! yay.gif

Alright....you talked me into it. A couple more weird Marvel Mags to post. No need to post GTOL #1 & 2 again since they are already on this thread so how about:

The Adventures of Pussycat #1 Oct 1968

Pussycat.jpg

Nice Bill Everett cover art!

cloud9.gif

WOW! a GTOL #3 scan it looks great and its even the 60 cent price variant issue! My god! you say you paid $1.00 for it? Imagine what that GTOL #3 would go for on ebay today!!!!!. One the "title page" of all the 60 cent cover price editions of GTOL it states 75 cents per copy but its clear for one to see that they all sports a 60 cent cover price logo. All we need now folks is a scan of the 75 cent edition of GTOL #3 posted on the board!

Not sure as bill999 states above: it states 75 cents on the title page so it would seem that the 60 cent version is the price variant. I notice the 75 cent versions (of issues 1 and 2) appears faded and not as sharp as the 60 covers. Wondering if this was shoddy printing or just bad scans?

Also can either bill999 or walkingdeadite confirm the artwork that Joe_Collector posted in this thread as being in one of these 3 issues?

The Scans are faded on the 75 cent editions of GTOL 1,2 that I sent because issue #1 was from a scan sent to me by someone who one the book on ebay and its the way I got it in the mail. The GTOL #2 scan of the 75 cent edition I scaned from a FR grade copy. The scan is faded sorry to say but the best I could provide. It was about 9 months ago I confirmed all 3 issues existed in both 60 and 75 cent formats. I have never owned issue #3 either price versions but wish I had a copy in any grade!

Here is the #3 price variant btw. #1 $.75 and #2 and #3 $.60 are by far the hardest to get in my opinion. I remember stumbling upon #3 at Chicago thinking it was a number 1 only to get home to get shocked when I was going through the details. Anyone have any info as to why the price variant was created? Was it a direct (which I can't imagine for this book) vs indirect thing?

1559563-375.jpg.740f1b06c87aef94edd0fe381719c3fb.jpg

#3 is with out doubt the hardest to find in any grade!!!! I sold a FR grade copy of GTOL #2 for $60 when the NM guide price was $50 for it that was 5 years ago!. Now look at what it guides for in 9.2!!!!!. A raw copy of GTOL #1 that I paid $16.00!! for, 893applaud-thumb.gif sold a few months ago in CGC 9.4 for $1,800.00!!! ----- part of the sale was in trade!

Bill999