• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gothic Tales of Love
1 1

177 posts in this topic

Anyone know anything about this Dell magazine series?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gothic-Romances-V1-3...tem260094615346

Gosh, who's the handsome devil that won that auction? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Edit: d'oh! I read it wrong - it's still got 3 hours to go. Oh well, I think I'll still be high bidder. Okay, move along, nothing to see here...

Actually, I think it has nothing to do with comics. I'm just on a Gothic-romance, woman-in-nightgown-running-from-a-spooky-old-mansion kick right now.

It's apparently a regular fiction/text magazine, hopefully with some spot illos. I think it was also called 'Gothic Stories' somewhere in its run.

Edited by heinlein99

Anyone know anything about this Dell magazine series?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gothic-Romances-V1-3...tem260094615346

Gosh, who's the handsome devil that won that auction? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Edit: d'oh! I read it wrong - it's still got 3 hours to go. Oh well, I think I'll still be high bidder. Okay, move along, nothing to see here...

Actually, I think it has nothing to do with comics. I'm just on a Gothic-romance, woman-in-nightgown-running-from-a-spooky-old-mansion kick right now.

It's apparently a regular fiction/text magazine, hopefully with some spot illos. I think it was also called 'Gothic Stories' somewhere in its run.

I am a fan as well. That Dell series isn't in Overstreet, which is odd because the Atlas/Seaboard Gothic Romances mag is. Both are, presumably, text with some illustrations. Anyone have any from this series? I would love to see scans...

Oh *spoon* it, I will just start a new thread.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I love weird esoteric comics/mags like this stuff! Glad I could help get that last image for you all.

As far as the interior. Text and illustrations only. Not in comic form. It does not say who the artist is/are like the Gothic Romance mag from Atlas/Seaboard does.

One of these days I am going to send in my GTOL #1 & 2 to CGC. I am pretty good at grading (after over 30 years messing with comics I should be) and I think both will be at least 9.0 (probably higher). Wish I still had my original copy of Gothic Romances. Sold it for $250 raw around 4 years ago. (It was virtually perfect a 9.6 minimum). I still have a lower grade copy but oh the money that sweet copy would bring now!

Well I sent them in and just Graded from CGC......

Gothic Tales of Love #1 at 9.6 cloud9.gif

Gothic Tales of Love #2 at 9.0

Gothic Tales of Love #3 at 4.5

Gothic Romances #1 at 6.5

I probably wouldn't have even sent in the #3 but no copies have been graded yet so I wanted to be the only one and I got the Gothic Romances #1 graded just to see what it would get. (my brother just got his graded and it came back a 9.2)

Hopefully they will be here by the end of the week and I can post a scan or too!

Thanks for the welcome guys. I love weird esoteric comics/mags like this stuff! Glad I could help get that last image for you all.

As far as the interior. Text and illustrations only. Not in comic form. It does not say who the artist is/are like the Gothic Romance mag from Atlas/Seaboard does.

One of these days I am going to send in my GTOL #1 & 2 to CGC. I am pretty good at grading (after over 30 years messing with comics I should be) and I think both will be at least 9.0 (probably higher). Wish I still had my original copy of Gothic Romances. Sold it for $250 raw around 4 years ago. (It was virtually perfect a 9.6 minimum). I still have a lower grade copy but oh the money that sweet copy would bring now!

I probably wouldn't have even sent in the #3 but no copies have been graded yet so I wanted to be the only one and I got the Gothic Romances #1 graded just to see what it would get. (my brother just got his graded and it came back a 9.2)

Hopefully they will be here by the end of the week and I can post a scan or too!

Nice, very nice! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sweet books, and definitely not easy to find.

Are you going to be selling them?

I will probably list my brothers Gothic Romances on ebay here in the next week or so.

If I do list any of my mags it probably won't be until the fall when ebay seems to take an upswing from the summer blahs (although if the books are rare enough I guess it probably doesn't matter what time of the year you list)

I will probably list my brothers Gothic Romances on ebay here in the next week or so.

If I do list any of my mags it probably won't be until the fall when ebay seems to take an upswing from the summer blahs (although if the books are rare enough I guess it probably doesn't matter what time of the year you list)

Well, let me know if you do. I'd be interested in the Romances and Gothic Tales 3. thumbsup2.gif

Well, let me know if you do. I'd be interested in the Romances and Gothic Tales 3. thumbsup2.gif

Will do thumbsup2.gif

Nice! now there is a GTOL #1 CGC 9.6 graded.. The one and only GTOL #1 CGC 9.4 copy sold for $1,800.00 back in March of 2007 so I imagine your CGC 9.6 would go for around $3,000.00 or more? That Grade is mindboggling on that magazine the worlds best copy no doubt in that grade. Glad you sent in your GTOL #3 to have one finally graded on the census. I believe GTOL #3 may some day be listed as RARE in the guide if no more surface over the years to come. I am only aware of 2 known existing copies of GTOL #3 and thats it!. How does one put a price on a bronze Marvel magazine that probably less than 10 copies exist in any grade? The census highest copy of GTOL #2 is CGC 9.2 which I actually now own. I wonder if a CGC 9.4 will ever be graded of GTOL #2 being that there are so few out there to be found in any grade. GTOL magazines have no issue numbers on the front covers and are square bound in format thats so unique(smile). I believe your GTOL #3 could go for $1,000 on ebay if listed. Collectors know its impossible to have a complete set of GTOL without GTOL #3. yay.gif ..