• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for GA price historians
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Did GA key ever go through a crazy price bump like SA keys have recently? 

e.g. Xmen 1 went from 'pricey but collectible' to 'out of reach' for most collectors almost over night.

Did this happen with GA keys? If  so, when was this and what caused the surge back then? 

Wonder if above will happen for Bronze age keys at some point too......

Edited by lm1589

I don't think so. GA's have been more of a slow incline but the past year prices have had a pretty good bump even with or especially with non key issues of popular titles.

With Bronze I'd say there are about 50'ish key issues and about 10 real big keys and seems to me most if not all have seen a pretty hefty bump the past year or so. But I kind of consider the Silver age ending with GSX 1.

On 8/16/2021 at 1:46 AM, Professor Chaos said:

I don't think so. GA's have been more of a slow incline but the past year prices have had a pretty good bump even with or especially with non key issues of popular titles.

Well, let's not forget about mid-90's back around 1994 and '95 after the implosion of the new book coic market and after the explosive run that SA took in the early 90's.  :preach:

I still remember some dealers offering big multiples to top of guide for pedigree books sight unseen and Overstreet himself jacking up up GA valuations in his Top 100 chart by an average of something like the high 20% to mid 30% which is definitely very un-Overstreet like when it comes to old slow Bob.  :whatthe:

On 8/22/2021 at 10:25 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, let's not forget about mid-90's back around 1994 and '95 after the implosion of the new book coic market and after the explosive run that SA took in the early 90's.  :preach:

I still remember some dealers offering big multiples to top of guide for pedigree books sight unseen and Overstreet himself jacking up up GA valuations in his Top 100 chart by an average of something like the high 20% to mid 30% which is definitely very un-Overstreet like when it comes to old slow Bob.  :whatthe:

I remember the beginning of this phenomenon @ 1991.  The DFW fantasy fair following release of Keaton Batman (89) I brought bat gold thinking I might have good flip material but ended buying more because it was still dirt cheap.  Following year Gold bat prices jumped 3x and I traded for more rare gold w classic covers like Pre hero Adventures/More Fun and early marvel mystery etc.   Then next year after that top tier title gold spiked 2-3x and I traded for SA keys.  I remember all this because I kick myself to this day for letting go of those Gold books :facepalm: