• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tracking Values
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Are these graded books or raw books?

If they are raw and have had a grade assigned...

Every 6 month's I check eBay Sold Auctions for my top 100 (+) books and keep a log, and have been for 6 years now.

eBay sold auctions are actual FMV since this is exactly what folks are paying for these books.

You need to look at auctions that have a book in the same grade as yours with at least 5 bidders, being sure that there was not a bidding war that artificially raised the price.

IE; Amazing Spider-Man 20 VG/FN 5.0, 2015 value = $105.00, as of June 2021 value = $400.00

For most Super-Hero books you should be able to find numerous past sales for books in your grade, I have a hard time finding actual FMV for my early Westerns and Early Pre-Hero Horror since there are not often for sale through auction, they are usually "Overpriced,(IMO) Buy It Now".

On 8/16/2021 at 8:15 AM, marvelmaniac said:

Are these graded books or raw books?

If they are raw and have had a grade assigned...

Every 6 month's I check eBay Sold Auctions for my top 100 (+) books and keep a log, and have been for 6 years now.

eBay sold auctions are actual FMV since this is exactly what folks are paying for these books.

You need to look at auctions that have a book in the same grade as yours with at least 5 bidders, being sure that there was not a bidding war that artificially raised the price.

IE; Amazing Spider-Man 20 VG/FN 5.0, 2015 value = $105.00, as of June 2021 value = $400.00

For most Super-Hero books you should be able to find numerous past sales for books in your grade, I have a hard time finding actual FMV for my early Westerns and Early Pre-Hero Horror since there are not often for sale through auction, they are usually "Overpriced,(IMO) Buy It Now".

I think he’s looking for a program/website that will automatically update his tables

I used this way back in the day. Not sure if it is what you are looking for. 

https://www.collectorz.com/comic/comic-collector 

It's pretty customizable if you got the time. Not sure about auto updates for pricing. There was a website i used for that, but it was pretty inaccurate iirc.

Found this https://www.collectorz.com/comic/comic-collector/whatsnew/windows/2019/08/01/v19-3-1-new-comic-values-powered-by-gocollect#more-10077

They have really improved this since the last i used it. Lost my old database and need to keep track of my collection again. 

Edited by Silvers24