• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggested comics
1 1

27 posts in this topic

I’m always looking for a good read, but not 700 pages worth. I’m curious, what comic book doesn’t get enough attention? Which one would you recommend to another comic book reader?

If you’re looking, for me, it’s The Incredible Hulk 454. I randomly bought this book at a time when I wasn’t collecting, and I was pleasantly surprised that the writing was on par with the art. It’s no Kingdom Come, but it’s good and just random enough that some collectors might’ve missed it. 

9A9DD991-13A7-4A1C-A4F0-D33DE7A455B3.webp

Edited by Kerdese

On 8/18/2021 at 9:39 PM, Kerdese said:

I’m always looking for a good read, but not 700 pages worth. I’m curious, what comic book do you think doesn’t get enough attention? Which one would you recommend to another comic book reader?

If you’re looking, for me, it’s The Incredible Hulk 454. I randomly bought this book at a time when I wasn’t collecting, and I was pleasantly surprised that the writing was on par with the art. It’s no Kingdom Come, but it’s good and just random enough that some collectors might’ve missed it. 

Check out Something is killing the Children if you like horror suspense.  For some reason, it reminds me a little of stranger things.

I always really liked the Batman: Venom (no, not that Venom) story line from Legends of the Dark Knight 16-20. Also, Going Sane from Legends of the Dark Knight 65-68 is a really cool Joker story too. There are actually quite a few great stories that came out of the LotDK run…

On 8/18/2021 at 10:54 PM, Wolverinex said:

Check out Something is killing the Children if you like horror suspense.  For some reason, it reminds me a little of stranger things.

Just yesterday, I started looking for modern/ongoing horror. Can't really find any lists to read, so I'm gonna look at the Hill House titles, and now SIKTC.

Any other ones you might recommend?

On 8/19/2021 at 8:23 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Just yesterday, I started looking for modern/ongoing horror. Can't really find any lists to read, so I'm gonna look at the Hill House titles, and now SIKTC.

The  other horror series I have heard good things about is Stray Dogs.  Something about how it is like silence of the lambs.  Haven't had a chance to buy it yet because I'm about to read my Y the last man omnibus. If you end up getting it, let me know. 

On 8/19/2021 at 8:27 AM, Wolverinex said:

The  other horror series I have heard good things about is Stray Dogs.  Something about how it is like silence of the lambs.  Haven't had a chance to buy it yet because I'm about to read my Y the last man omnibus. If you end up getting it, let me know. 

Trade paperback doesn't come out for another month. Honestly not sure if I'd be interested in a story about dogs. lol

On 8/19/2021 at 8:23 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Nice house on the lake also has some buzz too. It's by the same author of SIKTC. 

On 8/19/2021 at 8:31 AM, Wolverinex said:

Nice house on the lake also has some buzz too. It's by the same author of SIKTC. 

I just commented on the Voldy boards this morning that "The Nice House on the Lake" is possibly the dumbest title I have ever seen. lol Didn't realize that it was horror.

On 8/18/2021 at 9:39 PM, Kerdese said:

I’m always looking for a good read, but not 700 pages worth. I’m curious, what comic book doesn’t get enough attention? Which one would you recommend to another comic book reader?

For random comics that read in a single issue without need to see others in the run,my favorite is definitely sandman 18 dream of a thousand cats,that is a great book!

20210807_195940.jpg

Anything by Kim Deitch. I know it's not what anyone here is looking for, but I always suggest anything that's not superhero drek form the last 50 plus years. Deitch has consistently been making comics since the 60s and they just keep getting better and better. His latest comic from 2019 "Reincarnation Stories" is amazing. Nothing of his gets enough attention unfortunately...

Reincarnation-Stories-by-Kim-Deitch-Hard

Edited by catman76

On 8/19/2021 at 12:17 PM, Namtak said:

For random comics that read in a single issue without need to see others in the run,my favorite is definitely sandman 18 dream of a thousand cats,that is a great book!

Fantastic book. Another favorite stand alone issue of mine that is also from same series is Sandman 13 Men of Good Fortune. 

On 8/19/2021 at 1:57 PM, p-kay14 said:

Fantastic book. Another favorite stand alone issue of mine that is also from same series is Sandman 13 Men of Good Fortune. 

Hobs storie is one of the best !(thumbsu and no 50 was stunnig too!shame sandmand standalone stories are so scarce its aways story arcs dont get me wrong some of them are amazing if not all but one issue story is a special thing hey i like this thread lol