• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggested comics
1 1

27 posts in this topic

One of my favorite storylines begins in Peter Parker the Spectacular Spiderman #26 that leads into Frank Miller’s run on Daredevil but the following few issues also introduce the Carrion and were a great read. A lot of the bronze issues are really underrated for the writing imo

You like classic comics style and storytelling? A little bit of modernity plus some old-fashioned wholesomeness mixing together for a pulse-pounding combination? Something from last decade that oddly feels like it could have come straight from the Kirby and Lee's minds in later years but in their prime thinking? 

Sounds like you should try Dynamo 5!! It's about 36 issues - ish, published by Image, and focuses on this city's Superman like character who died, leaving the city devastated. Then his previously unknown children are found, each possessing one of his powers, unknown of to his faithful wife, and the sparks begin, as she tries to cope with her husband's infidelity, these 5 kids try to cope with their new lives, the loss of their old ones, and how do you build a new family of strangers while trying to just get along on a basic level. 

First physical tpb if you can find it new still, is only 10bucks USD. Top book, not afraid to change the status quo, or alter expectations, eg in comics your telepath is always a cute thin girl. Here it's a guy, and he's the head of the football team. Little twists like that. It's good old fashioned superhero comics. The type that people say they miss. 

Fun little 2 part story - JSA Classified 17-18. Bane has his sights set on Hourman I. The only person who can save him? His son, Hourman II! A fun, dynamic story that's a great, entertaining time-waster. It reminds me a lot of a more fun version of Spider-Man vs Juggernaut back in ASM 239ish. Alone and without their Miraclo drugs, how do they expect to Bane of all people? 

On 8/20/2021 at 12:01 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Fun little 2 part story - JSA Classified 17-18. Bane has his sights set on Hourman I. The only person who can save him? His son, Hourman II! A fun, dynamic story that's a great, entertaining time-waster. It reminds me a lot of a more fun version of Spider-Man vs Juggernaut back in ASM 239ish. Alone and without their Miraclo drugs, how do they expect to Bane of all people?

Strangely enough, I was about to recommend the Hourman series by Tom Peyer and Rags Morales, featuring the future, android version.

The art’s a little patchy, but the stories in the 25 issue run have some entertaining ideas. 

Quite underrated.

On 8/20/2021 at 10:02 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Strangely enough, I was about to recommend the Hourman series by Tom Peyer and Rags Morales, featuring the future, android version.

The art’s a little patchy, but the stories in the 25 issue run have some entertaining ideas. 

Quite underrated.

That is an enjoyable series. Good call! 

On 8/18/2021 at 7:54 PM, Wolverinex said:

Check out Something is killing the Children if you like horror suspense.  For some reason, it reminds me a little of stranger things.

SNIKT
Something Nasty Is Killin Children