• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS delays?

11 posts in this topic

Anyone else experiencing long delays with the post office recently? I ship things via first class, priority and media mail I’ve noticed recently its common for things to take a few days longer to arrive than the “anticipated arrival date” which isn’t a big deal but I have one media mail package that has been on route for 19 days and I’m getting nervous about it. Tracking just indicates “Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.” with not a single tracking update past being accepted when I mailed it.

On 8/19/2021 at 6:16 AM, diva_tsarina said:

Anyone else experiencing long delays with the post office recently? I ship things via first class, priority and media mail I’ve noticed recently its common for things to take a few days longer to arrive than the “anticipated arrival date” which isn’t a big deal but I have one media mail package that has been on route for 19 days and I’m getting nervous about it. Tracking just indicates “Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.” with not a single tracking update past being accepted when I mailed it.

Likely to be semipermanent due to postal service cutbacks, caused by lower revenues. It’s a bit of a stink fighting over funding.

On 8/19/2021 at 3:16 AM, diva_tsarina said:

Anyone else experiencing long delays with the post office recently?

For about a year now.

I recently noticed UPS likes to play the 'new delivery date' game as well now.

On 8/19/2021 at 6:16 AM, diva_tsarina said:

“Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.” with not a single tracking update past being accepted when I mailed it.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:14 AM, Kohei said:

I recently noticed UPS likes to play the 'new delivery date' game as well now.

Easy solution: order art every day.

After a few weeks the lag will disappear, it will all be a blur.

The important thing is something is arriving every day, not specifically what piece or when it was mailed or expected to deliver ;) 

On 8/20/2021 at 12:12 PM, diva_tsarina said:

no, it was actual books but still not something I want lost... 

goods...books hopefully won't be lost, but most publishers have ample stock of books, so could be replaced I'm sure

On 8/21/2021 at 6:55 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

I just shipped some art to a France via USPS. It took 3 weeks to get there, with one LONG two week delay in Detroit. It just sat there, apparently. 

I worked for the USPS for 25 years.  I can attest to the possibility of delays due to local management.  We used to stack pallets of subscription periodicals (weeklies, monthlies) in an unused corner of the facility for weeks at a time during one extended period of staffing/volume issues.  Local customers starting getting suspicious when they were receiving two or three weekly magazines of the same title on the same delivery day from their carrier.  David