• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damaged CGC Deliveries
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I have seen a fair bit online about an alarming current trend whereby, CGC comics are arriving back with badly cracked or shattered holders.

Careless handling and packaging at CGC is blamed. 

Can you please advise what is going on with the Quality Control at CGC ? We all need continued confindence in your services and we need answers.

Colin

Edited by Colin Nash
typing error

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. Every book that leaves our office does go through quality control.  We do try to pull any items that have any visible issues like scratches, smudges, etc. and have them reholdered.  Can items get missed and shipped out with a scratch or a smudge? Of course.  We are only human and are examining thousands of items each day so occasionally something might make it through that we should have caught.  If you receive a book that has an issue like this, you have up to two weeks from the receipt date to notify us and we can reholder the book for you at no charge. 

We do not ship books with broken holders, however.  Everything is well packaged by our shipping department and the vast majority of items shipped arrive at their destination without any issues.  Unfortunately, sometimes items can be damaged during transit, even when the items are packaged properly.  CGC has no control over how packages are handled by the carrier during transit to you.  But again, if you receive a package that has any damage to your holders, contact us immediately and we can send you instructions and a pre-paid label to send the items back for a complimentary reholder. 

We take the safety of your items very seriously and try to take every precaution to prevent any issues like these from occurring.  If you have any specific examples that you have questions about, you can provide that information to our customer service department at: submissions@cgccomics.com or by phone at 877-662-6642.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Anyone else getting slabs with a weird “residue”.  I just got these back.  It looks as if this is smudges or defects to the inner casing. Not scratches to the outer case.  Also had finger prints on the case, which can be wiped away but just another annoyance.  I just sent in 2 slabs for reholdering for this same reason, but I bought those off eBay a few years back.  Now it’s showing up in new slabs?  What is this?  

65B3DFB8-B1F8-4706-B459-EEFEB1F6E350.jpeg

0C874CBC-29FC-4A3A-99D1-76BCA89EF26E.jpeg

1D8B13EA-0F78-4E71-96F7-EA681A0435F8.jpeg

E4546573-806E-4803-B0B1-E9A3CAEAEFF3.jpeg

B3F0E5BB-900F-43DB-A052-A39B786D3B31.jpeg

Edited by Drogio

• Administrator

If you just received these back with these marks, please contact our customer service department and we can send you instructions and a shipping label to send those back for a complimentary reholder.  You can reach us at 877-662-6642 or by email at submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thanks!

On 8/24/2021 at 11:33 PM, Drogio said:

Anyone else getting slabs with a weird “residue”.  I just got these back.  It looks as if this is smudges or defects to the inner casing. Not scratches to the outer case.  Also had finger prints on the case, which can be wiped away but just another annoyance.  I just sent in 2 slabs for reholdering for this same reason, but I bought those off eBay a few years back.  Now it’s showing up in new slabs?  What is this?  

65B3DFB8-B1F8-4706-B459-EEFEB1F6E350.jpeg

0C874CBC-29FC-4A3A-99D1-76BCA89EF26E.jpeg

1D8B13EA-0F78-4E71-96F7-EA681A0435F8.jpeg

E4546573-806E-4803-B0B1-E9A3CAEAEFF3.jpeg

B3F0E5BB-900F-43DB-A052-A39B786D3B31.jpeg

Appalling and amazing at the same time that those would get sent out. Cgc basically is relying on you to accept a poor quality slab and did not do any QC at all as those scuff marks are all over the place.

don't forget that lots of books I mean lots books are returning with wrong CGC labels!!!! Just return book for Mechanical Error fix not good enough. Its really big inconvenience when you wait months for your books and haven't them return with error's. Either QC employees don't care or they don't know what they are incapsulating. :eyeroll:

Not only are they sending slabs back in unacceptable shape I recently saw where they graded a book 9.8 charged the sender and then returned it raw with other slabs. QC at its finest.

Edited by billsid
spelling