• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 129
4 4

18 posts in this topic

Looks like a really nice copy. There are a number of small color-breaking ticks on the spine, and there appears to be some dirt near the staples and on the back cover. I'd put this at about a 7.0 as-is, but it looks like it could improve with a clean and press.

On 8/21/2021 at 8:20 AM, candygramformongo said:

8.5.  Super nice book.  @WilliamLunt - curious what the person listing it described condition as? 

No Condition listed, just pictures and a price. I personally appraised the book at ~8.0 but I feel like in these situations your heart starts chiming in and biasing your brain. Putting the book to committee makes my decision much easier so I appreciate the input. 

On 8/21/2021 at 9:42 AM, candygramformongo said:

I would think that's a $1000-1200 book?  (I'm not sure, is that okay to discuss on this board?) 

Twice that. Slab it and maybe thrice that.

On 8/21/2021 at 12:48 PM, rockyandroll said:

90 day avg for an 8.5 on GPA is $3,640. Latest sale was $3,180

That's definitely higher than I would have thought.  But I also still wouldn't think that same book would sell for $2000-$2400 raw, right?  If there was a guarantee it was going to come back an 8.5 slabbed then sure but my experience is buying the risk people are scared they missed something in the pics and it comes back a 7.0 and then they've way overpaid for it.  But that's just my IMHO would be really interested to hear what others think.  And/or @WilliamLunt do you mind giving a range?  Or you want to wait til you decide about it?  I'm certainly 100% not in the market - just curious!