• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watchmen: Absolute Edition

42 posts in this topic

I haven't picked up my copy yet. Who has? Please post a review. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I passed on the V for Vendetta HC. Anyone else notice they forgot to print a word on the back cover? "Have a pleasant _______" screwy.gif

I passed on the V for Vendetta HC. Anyone else notice they forgot to print a word on the back cover? "Have a pleasant _______" screwy.gif

Was the blank space like you've typed in the cover, or was there just a missing space/word altogether? If they printed the space, I would've thought the indication was that a person would be dead before hearing the end of the catchphrase. If they didn't print the blank space, then yeah, that's a screw-up.

I haven't read V in a few years...i need to get back to it! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I picked my up today and have only had time to browse through it quickly. I had a hard time getting it in and out of the slipcase. It is a very tight fit. The large size is nice and the recolored art is very nice. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't reprint the entire -script for Watchman #1. We only get the first and last page, but even with that it is several single-spaced pages.

I was a bit disappointed that they didn't reprint the entire -script for Watchman #1. We only get the first and last page, but even with that it is several single-spaced pages.

frustrated.gif Would've been nice to get a little bit from each issue.

Still, sounds like a winner. I'll be picking mine up in a week or so. cloud9.gif

Since they didn't reprint the -script to Watchmen #1, that makes my Grafitti hardcover worth holding onto.

Why the hell would the "absolute edition" include LESS than a the previous hardcover edition? That's idiotic.

The Grafitti hardcover is the COMPLETE -script to #1? The discription for the first panel took one full large size single spaced page, so the whole -script must be quite long. I think just first page and last page clocked in at 7 pages or so.

Anyone want to complete the extras in the Absolute Edition to the Grafitti Edition?

Unfortunately, mine is packed away at the moment... but I believe that it's the whole -script to issue #1. Am I wrong about that?

The whole -script to issue #1 would be enormous. How big is the Grafitti HC? I'd guess the -script would be 50 pages or more considering how detailed Moore writes them.

Looking over it again last night, they printed the -script for the first page of #1 and the last page of #12. They also had the thumbnail layouts for those pages, plus a bunch of others. I read a bit of the series proposal and though it was pretty neat. They have the original Chartlon heroes proposal and also the revamped on with the "new" superheroes.

While I wish there was more behind-the-scenes stuff I am really happy I pre-ordered this. thumbsup2.gif

Looking over it again last night, they printed the -script for the first page of #1 and the last page of #12. They also had the thumbnail layouts for those pages, plus a bunch of others. I read a bit of the series proposal and though it was pretty neat. They have the original Chartlon heroes proposal and also the revamped on with the "new" superheroes.

While I wish there was more behind-the-scenes stuff I am really happy I pre-ordered this. thumbsup2.gif

Sweet! I can't wait to get mine. cloud9.gif

this talk of the Absolute edition made me check out the status of the movie, and apparently it's been cancelled again...this time Universal decided they didn't want to spend $100million dollars on it...

boo hiss

just as well. WATCHMEN is agreat comic in that it reads like it would be a great movie, which makes it stand out as a comic book. But as a movie, how would it be different than say LEAGUE of EXTRA ETC?? Comics that read as "real life" lose all their power when on film which IS, uh, "real life"