• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Mags stuck at GEI?

7 posts in this topic

When I sent these Modern Magazines to cgc, it was also with a Economy Tier mag sub, the estimated TAT was 80/88 days :sumo:

They were BOTH delivered 2/24, both received and sfg 3/17, BOTH even at GEI 7/08!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is where it get's dicey

My Econ mags, which are supposed to take longer shipped back to me 7/26..... :foryou: I appreciate that BUT

My Modern Mags after going to GEI with my Economy mags on 7/08, are STILL AT GEI AS OF TODAY 8/23

That might not be a big deal to some, but when I call customer service, they say, "it's still in the estimated TAT of 100+ almost 200 days!" well when I sent them the estimated was 80 for modern and 88 for econ :( 

Tomorrow is 8/24 and will mark 6 months tat not regarding holidays, I'm as patient as the next person and maybe only call once a week but

when one week I get told by a rep that they are "in encapsulation, then next week back to grading, then back and forth and so forth, and then they'll 'email inquiring for me but they can't guarantee a response'?" 

I mean, that means you've told me nothing or reliable since 7/8 and I'd like to know something please? :foryou::tink: 

I've since gotten feedback in current tat thread that I'm not alone

So I guess my situation is "normal" lol

But we're all wondering but I guess I can be a little more patient since it will be coming up on the 180 days anyway 

I still say someone should check it out, cause it was only 80 when I sent it in

But 6 months is a little less than 180 bus days if you dont count holidays or weekends so idk

:tink:

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Unfortunately, the turnaround times can and will change from week to week.  This will affect submissions that are just being received as well as submissions already in house.  They are based on the current volume of submissions and are not guaranteed.  We update our turnaround times each week based on the volume we currently have.  You can check the times here: CGC Services & Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com)  Please note that magazines and magazine sized books do have a longer turnaround time than regular sized comics.  

We know that turnaround times are important to our customers. We are currently experiencing extremely high submission volumes and are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while ensuring the quality of our services.  We apologize for any delays or inconvenience.

Thank you,

On 8/24/2021 at 8:00 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Unfortunately, the turnaround times can and will change from week to week.  This will affect submissions that are just being received as well as submissions already in house.  They are based on the current volume of submissions and are not guaranteed.  We update our turnaround times each week based on the volume we currently have.  You can check the times here: CGC Services & Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com)  Please note that magazines and magazine sized books do have a longer turnaround time than regular sized comics.  

We know that turnaround times are important to our customers. We are currently experiencing extremely high submission volumes and are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while ensuring the quality of our services.  We apologize for any delays or inconvenience.

Thank you,

Thanks for the courteous reply :) 

I figured that it might just get done when it does, and I can be a tad more patient ;) Seemingly, my Economy tier got done quicker than my modern and I should just be thankful for that. With the Modern being at GEI since the same time as the ECON on 7/08 and perhaps conflicting phone rep feedback, I was just beginning to get frustrated or wanting a more detailed answer (thumbsu 

so all good, I'll wait, thanks again for the reply! :whee: 

On 8/24/2021 at 9:00 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you,

I appreciate the clarification (or lack thereof), but probably the best response to this question from everyone would be: "Our volume is extremely high, and at this time we cannot provide even a reasonable estimated turnaround time as our volume is constantly changing.  We hope you understand the dynamic nature of our business and appreciate that we would prefer not to provide estimated times when they are likely to be updated/extended at some point in the future."

On 8/24/2021 at 12:36 PM, Cool Ghoul said:

I appreciate the clarification (or lack thereof), but probably the best response to this question from everyone would be: "Our volume is extremely high, and at this time we cannot provide even a reasonable estimated turnaround time as our volume is constantly changing.  We hope you understand the dynamic nature of our business and appreciate that we would prefer not to provide estimated times when they are likely to be updated/extended at some point in the future."

Or:  
"Thoughts and prayers."