• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2021 at 6:40 PM, Park said:

Does the void respond much? lol

The reality is that the admins on this board (not the mods we know or the hosts) are gonna go with the easiest option that covers the majority of issues here.

That’s fine but the point I think you and I agree on is that in doing so, you have lost the community aspect of these boards. The closeness and camaraderie that existed early on that developed real life relationships. 

Of course, people just called it cliques and complained about that too so there isn’t a perfect solution.

I’ll get off my soapbox and go crawl back under my rock.

I'm just sad because it's not happening just here. Everywhere online where free flow discussions were once the norm, silence by banishment is creeping ever steadily in.

It's somewhat alarming to be honest 

On 8/29/2021 at 9:18 PM, comicwiz said:

Looks like my reflections on PSA, Collectors Universe and Goldin Auctions in this thread are starting to interweave with this scandal

A Major Scandal at the Heart of a New "Alternative Asset Class" Market Is Clearly About Something Other Than Vintage Video Games

https://sethabramson.substack.com/p/breaking-news-a-major-scandal-at

Everyone want a laugh?

I was using OpenTable to find a place tonight... 

It's amusing when you are supposed to go out to dinner in Long Beach, Long Island but accidentally plan to go to dinner in Long Beach, California thanks to a mixup when doing the search for a new place.  That mixup because you kind of left finding a place until about a half hour before going out because a certain person whose name rhymes with "Muh Settah" was beeeee esssssssing on a comic book message board all day.  :facepalm:. (Going to repost this in my journal in case this thread ever gets yanked.)

Anyway... 

Joe, anything to do with Goldin always carries a taint on it due to the events that transpired with Scoreboard.  Scoreboard left an awful taint on the sports memorabilia hobby.

Now when you have Halperin and Goldin somehow tied together even on a tangent it does get worse.   I don't think guys that defraud are really capable of change. It always seems like it is in their blood.  It always seems like they take their lumps when they get caught and use their experience as a learning lesson, applying it to the next scam or scheme.  I know too many people like this and have seen it too many times. 

On 8/29/2021 at 10:18 PM, Iconic1s said:

If there is some preferred auction house then I think we can kiss grading integrity goodbye.

So you don't think Heritage was/is this already? How much CBCS stuff have you seen listed there? I'm not sure how long you've been a member of these boards, or how long you've collected - if you recall the way you couldn't even mention CBCS here, and that supporting them was seen as fraternizing with the enemy. There are people here that still think that. With everything that's coming out now, you'd be naive to think this was anything resembling market forces - it's always been about controlling consumers as investors in the next big asset class.

Edited by comicwiz

On 8/29/2021 at 10:11 PM, Dr. Dank said:

I'm just sad because it's not happening just here. Everywhere online where free flow discussions were once the norm, silence by banishment is creeping ever steadily in.

It's somewhat alarming to be honest 

I heard the same thing the other day on the Nextdoor app.   I moderate the local town community there.  Got into a disagreement with someone on it once and next thing you know I was extended an invitation to the moderation team.

Presently there is someone that created a post that whoever moderates the community is obviously promoting their own political agenda and exerting their influence instead of allowing the free flow of discussions and ideas. 

I shook my head.  I wanted to say, "Nimrod your post was removed because you threatened to shoot the person that you are having a disagreement with."  BUT then I would 'out' myself in that position.  

Before anyone says that moderation members should be public, this guy had his post pulled because he threatened to inflict permanent bodily harm on someone he lives a few blocks away from.  They don't need to know the identities of the six people from various backgrounds and ideologies that all agreed that we should remove his posts after he threatened to shoot his neighbor. lol 

On 8/29/2021 at 7:40 PM, Buzzetta said:

Everyone want a laugh?

It's amusing when you are supposed to go out to dinner in Long Beach, Long Island but accidentally plan to go to dinner in Long Beach, California thanks to a mixup when doing the search for a new place.  That mixup because you kind of left finding a place until about a half hour before going out because a certain person whose name rhymes with "Muh Settah" was beeeee esssssssing on a comic book message board all day.  :facepalm:. (Going to repost this in my journal in case this thread ever gets yanked.)

Anyway... 

Joe, anything to do with Goldin always carries a taint on it due to the events that transpired with Scoreboard.  Scoreboard left an awful taint on the sports memorabilia hobby.

Now when you have Halperin and Goldin somehow tied together even on a tangent it does get worse.   I don't think guys that defraud are really capable of change. It always seems like it is in their blood.  It always seems like they take their lumps when they get caught and use their experience as a learning lesson, applying it to the next scam or scheme.  I know too many people like this and have seen it too many times. 

Ah Buzz but there's nothing to see here-

On 8/29/2021 at 10:46 PM, comicwiz said:

So you don't think Heritage was/is this already? How much CBCS stuff have you seen listed there? I'm not sure how long you've been a member of these boards, or how long you've collected - if you recall the way you couldn't even mention CBCS here, and that supporting them was like fraternities with the enemy. There are people here that still think that. With everything that's coming out now, you'd be naive to think this was anything resembling market forces - it's always been about controlling consumers as investors in the next big asset class.

And what was the undiscussed deal that GPS was not allowed to list CBCS books in fear of no longer having access to the data of certain auctions?  It was never explicitly stated but it was implied back when the other guys were bringing their product to market. 

On 8/29/2021 at 10:49 PM, Buzzetta said:

And what was the undiscussed deal that GPS was not allowed to list CBCS books in fear of no longer having access to the data of certain auctions?  It was never explicitly stated but it was implied back when the other guys were bringing their product to market. 

It wasn’t the auction houses if I remember correctly. Cgc threatened to pull access to the census if he tracked CBCS. So he wouldn’t be able to direct link serial numbers in GpA. That’s my recollection, idk if George ever spoke publicly about it.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:40 PM, Buzzetta said:

Everyone want a laugh?

Anyway... 

Halperin  and Goldin tied together?    They each run auction houses that are in direct competition with each other.   That’s like saying Musk and Bezos are inappropriately close when from what I can tell it sure seems like Bezos wishes Elon would FOAD.    

Edited by Bronty

On 8/29/2021 at 10:53 PM, jaybuck43 said:

It wasn’t the auction houses if I remember correctly. Cgc threatened to pull access to the census if he tracked CBCS. So he wouldn’t be able to direct link serial numbers in GpA. That’s my recollection, idk if George ever spoke publicly about it.

No, he didn't.   He actually said he was not going to speak about it.   

On 8/29/2021 at 9:18 PM, comicwiz said:

Looks like my reflections on PSA, Collectors Universe and Goldin Auctions in this thread are starting to interweave with this scandal

A Major Scandal at the Heart of a New "Alternative Asset Class" Market Is Clearly About Something Other Than Vintage Video Games

https://sethabramson.substack.com/p/breaking-news-a-major-scandal-at

More irresponsible click bait.   Pages and pages of nothing.    A headline that suggests Lecce and Wata are at war, followed by an explanation that they couldn’t agree on the definition of the word founder.      That’s your war?     That two parties didn’t have a dictionary handy?    

On 8/29/2021 at 8:47 PM, Buzzetta said:

I heard the same thing the other day on the Nextdoor app.   I moderate the local town community there.  Got into a disagreement with someone on it once and next thing you know I was extended an invitation to the moderation team.

Presently there is someone that created a post that whoever moderates the community is obviously promoting their own political agenda and exerting their influence instead of allowing the free flow of discussions and ideas. 

I shook my head.  I wanted to say, "Nimrod your post was removed because you threatened to shoot the person that you are having a disagreement with."  BUT then I would 'out' myself in that position.  

Before anyone says that moderation members should be public, this guy had his post pulled because he threatened to inflict permanent bodily harm on someone he lives a few blocks away from.  They don't need to know the identities of the six people from various backgrounds and ideologies that all agreed that we should remove his posts after he threatened to shoot his neighbor. lol 

Barring a few nutjobs, hardly anyone here has ever taken an online discussion that far. There is moderation, then there is injection, stifling, and "preemptive" moderation. 

Discussion that doesn't involve moderation should be discussion. 

On 8/29/2021 at 10:56 PM, Bronty said:

Halperin  and Goldin tied together?    They are in direct competition with each other.   They are literally the opposite of tied together, so far as I know.    

I was going through the article linked above which was why I said by tangent. 

I still have to ask about a video game as I want to understand something but given some of the noise I will pm you.  The boards keep crapping out though it seems. 

On 8/29/2021 at 10:56 PM, Bronty said:

Halperin  and Goldin tied together?    They are in direct competition with each other.   They are literally the opposite of tied together, so far as I know.    

If by direct competition you mean they’re all interconnected in an industry that hasn’t been regulated by the DoJ but needs to be? The link Joe posted shows that nat turner, who’s an investor in goldin auction just bought wata. 

On 8/29/2021 at 11:05 PM, jaybuck43 said:

If by direct competition you mean they’re all interconnected in an industry that hasn’t been regulated by the DoJ but needs to be? The link Joe posted shows that nat turner, who’s an investor in goldin auction just bought wata. 

And how does that matter?   I remind you that Halperin, based on previous reports I’ve read, sold his hare in wata.    

Therefore, Halperin and Goldin remain direct competitors as far as I know.   Bezos and Musk.   

Edited by Bronty

On 8/29/2021 at 11:02 PM, Bronty said:

More irresponsible click bait

You clearly don't know what clickbait is, and let's just say it's rich to accuse others of being irresponsible when there's still questions being raised about propping-up this company, just because they"re all swell people, and are passionate about video games. 

Right.

On 8/29/2021 at 11:04 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Barring a few nutjobs, hardly anyone here has ever taken an online discussion that far. There is moderation, then there is injection, stifling, and "preemptive" moderation. 

Discussion that doesn't involve moderation should be discussion. 

Oh we have plenty of nutjobs here on Long Island it seems.  Only a few close friends and my family know that I moderate.  Once in awhile I toss them my phone so they can see for themselves how crazy some of their neighbors are as we can still see original posts that were removed lol.   I am going to PM you something as soon as I redact a couple of things lol 

On 8/29/2021 at 11:09 PM, Bronty said:

And how does that matter?   I remind you that Halperin, based on previous reports I’ve read, sold his hare in wata.    

Therefore, Halperin and Goldin remain direct competitors as far as I know.   Bezos and Musk.   

He sold his stake in wata TO turner. And that’s according to Heritage.