• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2021 at 1:39 PM, Buzzetta said:

Like I have said earlier this year.  Money launderers are discovering collectables again. 

any comments on OA being cycled at higher prices in a loop of collectors?

On 8/23/2021 at 4:41 PM, kav said:

any comments on OA being cycled at higher prices in a loop of collectors?

Funny you mention that. 

That was also part of this morning's texts back and forth how one specific art dealer took on the inventory of another dealer's who took it on from another.  I have been following a set of certain pages when they were announced to the public as being 'for sale' and then they 'sold' but the others were available at an increased price. 

I am becoming disenchanted with collecting these days. 

On 8/23/2021 at 1:44 PM, Buzzetta said:

Funny you mention that. 

That was also part of this morning's texts back and forth how one specific art dealer took on the inventory of another dealer's who took it on from another.  I have been following a set of certain pages when they were announced to the public as being 'for sale' and then they 'sold' but the others were available at an increased price. 

When does that one specific art dealer take a hit when it doesn't sale hm

On 8/23/2021 at 5:25 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

When does that one specific art dealer take a hit when it doesn't sale hm

Well that dealer still has all the pieces on his website so I guess they aren't moving like he would like them to.   

On 8/23/2021 at 4:44 PM, Buzzetta said:

Funny you mention that. 

That makes two of us, brother...  

Honestly, if Jim Halperin signed a consent decree with the FTC 30+ years ago, one phone call to the FTC should be enough to start an investigation of Heritage and Wata.  He would be wise to either knock it off, or do a better job of covering his tracks.

On 8/23/2021 at 6:49 PM, kav said:

Can you explain to me the sealed game thing?  I used to seal stuff at a job I had to use plastic and a heat wand then a blow dryer to shrink wrap anything.  Cant an unsealed video game just get this easy treatment for an A++ rating?

lol 

That's another thing.  I wonder how they grade those.   When I worked for Disney in the mid 90's we used to get media all the time that would be resealed.   In fact there were 'castmembers' that would take advantage of the shrink wrap bay for non Disney things if they needed to return things to other stores. 

On 8/23/2021 at 5:52 PM, Buzzetta said:

lol 

That's another thing.  I wonder how they grade those.   When I worked for Disney in the mid 90's we used to get media all the time that would be resealed.   In fact there were 'castmembers' that would take advantage of the shrink wrap bay for non Disney things if they needed to return things to other stores. 

At least Disney had some of the foresight to place specific branding on some of their shrinkwrap. 20210823_175658.thumb.jpg.a9fb5804d06b43026458a5a1b7c32c70.jpg

I know some of the sealed boxes of cards from sports/ non sports did the same thing, but I do not remember seeing this on the game shrink wrap.  

On 8/23/2021 at 6:59 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

At least Disney had some of the foresight to place specific branding on some of their shrinkwrap. 20210823_175658.thumb.jpg.a9fb5804d06b43026458a5a1b7c32c70.jpg

I know some of the sealed boxes of cards from sports/ non sports did the same thing, but I do not remember seeing this on the game shrink wrap.  

Here is the thing... 

When people would try to shoplift media they would slice the shrinkwrap in order to leave the sensor strip behind.  It was usually a sticker on the back of the movie.  They would sometimes get away with it, sometimes get caught, and sometimes get spooked and leave without taking anything.  In either case it was not unusual to find these things with the shrink wrap torn. 

The funniest instances was when guests would come back and try to return "The Return of Jafar" the Aladdin sequel that did NOT have Robin Williams.  They would complain that the movie was just bad.  We took those back.

If it could be shrink wrapped and put back on the shelf, it was shrink wrapped and put back on the shelf.   (We were not supposed to but this was in an effort to cut loss.)

I do not recall there being any Disney logos embedded on the rewrapped merchandise.  If you knew what you were doing it would look exactly like it was never opened. 

Spoiler alert.  Castmembers would shrink stuff that they wanted to return to other stores.  I remember doing that with a video game that I bought that absolutely stunk.  Toys R Us thought it was sealed and took it back.   

On 8/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, Buzzetta said:

The funniest instances was when guests would come back and try to return "The Return of Jafar" the Aladdin sequel that did NOT have Robin Williams.  They would complain that the movie was just bad.  We took those back.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You mean this one? 20210823_183234.thumb.jpg.42d31a9bcff839d412a48b7b11191b56.jpg

So turns out Disney has their own jokes as the next release was titled King of Thieves and :news:starring Robin Williams! :roflmao:20210823_183252.thumb.jpg.3372b538d4251387c1451aa619ed9828.jpg

On 8/23/2021 at 7:34 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You mean this one? 20210823_183234.thumb.jpg.42d31a9bcff839d412a48b7b11191b56.jpg

So turns out Disney has their own jokes as the next release was titled King of Thieves and :news:starring Robin Williams! :roflmao:20210823_183252.thumb.jpg.3372b538d4251387c1451aa619ed9828.jpg

That’s because Jafar was so bad that they mended things with Robin even giving him a Picasso as a gift.