• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM MS 5
3 3

10 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2021 at 8:05 PM, Amazeron said:

With the overall presentation of your book, it might have a harder time getting a higher grade slabbed. The damage to the spine is pretty severe  with and small pieces out of cover + tear on the back.

However, both raw and slabbed low-grade copies of Marvel Spotlight #5 both sell for good amounts.

Ok. You’re right about the low grades still fetching a few hundred.  Not a book for me though

I'll shine a ray of light and say that I think there's a chance at 1.5 with the wraps still intact and not completely split... 1.0 does seem the most likely grade

Slab it so that the frayed pieces can at least be laid flat for a more pleasing appearance if your intention is to sell, otherwise I agree with @Galen130 and just put it in a shiny mylar

Edited by Funnybooks

On 8/25/2021 at 9:56 AM, Funnybooks said:

I'll shine a ray of light and say that I think there's a chance at 1.5 with the wraps still intact and not completely split... 1.0 does seem the most likely grade

Slab it so that the frayed pieces can at least be laid flat for a more pleasing appearance if your intention is to sell, otherwise I agree with @Galen130 and just put it in a shiny mylar

That is what I was thinking with regard to presentation.  That being said, I just sent off 25 books or so for grading and did not include this one.