• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cameos of other super heroes in movies

9 posts in this topic

Ive been hoping this would come true...... I ve been wanting to see some cameos of other super heroes fighting in the background.......just as an example in the next spiderman movie maybe the fantastic four and silver surfer fighting thanos during a spidey flybye...........or maybe thor and loki............also as a subtle introduction of characters for future projects ...........you gotta admit though the wow factor of seeing the Avengers fighting the hulk in the background of X3 would be awsome!

Although this would be neat, the problem is one of rights. A certain producer is probably buying the rights for a single main character and can't use any other characters in his or her movie. Otherwise, it would infringe on the rights of that other producer who owns the rights to the cameo character. Marvel and DC don't have that problem with the comics because they own the comic book rights for all the characters.

Well the X2 movie could be a test case for this. They are certainly packing in the X-Men in this one, it will be interesting to see how it all holds together with so many different characters/ powers fighting for screen time.

The Colossus cameo sure looks promising.

Well, Thor and DD both cameo'd in the made-for-TV Hulk movies...scary, but true!

As for the real movies, I would think once the first (and second) waves of X-men, Spidey, Hulk, FF, etc.,. movies have been produced, the characters would have enough exposure for bit crossover parts. Nothing killed the later Batman movies more than too many first-time characters if you ask me...