• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Favorite Comic Title
1 1

22 posts in this topic

My choice will change with the wind, among 3 titles: Fantastic Four, Uncanny X-Men or equivalent, JSA (Transformers would have been listed for decades but I've finally split with it, the reboot is so boring, and slooooooow). As I can only pick one, I'll go with Fantastic Four, for the memories.

I started reading FF because my library as a kid had the Masterworks of Lee/Kirby, so I read those and wanted more. My mother bought me issues of the comics at the local newsagent, which was currently the DeFalco/Ryan run (explaining my nostalgic love for that material today). Then we went to a city near me on a shopping trip, and found an actual comic shop, which was selling Masterworks. I still remember this. I got to choose one as a birthday gift. Either Fantastic Four vol 2 or Uncanny X-Men vol 1.i went with the Fantastic Four, even thought that X-Men material would have new to me, and hey, it's the X-Men. The X-Men!! I've still got that book today, it'll always be a part of my collection, no matter how redundant it is otherwise, with the inscription from my mother proudly a part of its history. 

So I'm proud to choose Fantastic Four. It's part of my history as a child, a very happy memory and one that still makes me feel great to remember. 

It's not always great, but when it is, it soars (looking at you, Hickman). I have up on the Slott run, I haven't been enjoying where his focuses lie. So far my intention is to buy the book in collected form, hopefully omnibus form eventually. For now I had about the first year's and a half in single issue, and the first year also in hardcover I got cheap. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic