• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sig Series turnaround
1 1

9 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Good morning,

Are you referring to our private signings?  The turnaround times are approximately 6-8 weeks from the date the book was signed.  If you have an invoice that you feel is overdue, please contact our customer service department and they can check into it further for you.  You can reach us at 877-662-6642 or by email at submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thanks!

On 8/26/2021 at 12:02 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Indeed Mr Troll

Sig series books are auto fast tracked. So they usually get them out quickly. And I’m not here white knighting for CGC, I’ve had an express book in limbo for over twice the TAT for that tier so I know it’s a mess show down there. However they tend to take care of business when it comes to sig series. The only thing about that is we all have zero idea when the books are to actually get signed so it doesn’t really matter because the 6 weeks doesn’t start ticking until the event takes place 

On 8/26/2021 at 3:19 PM, Dimez said:

Sig series books are auto fast tracked. So they usually get them out quickly. And I’m not here white knighting for CGC, I’ve had an express book in limbo for over twice the TAT for that tier so I know it’s a mess show down there. However they tend to take care of business when it comes to sig series. The only thing about that is we all have zero idea when the books are to actually get signed so it doesn’t really matter because the 6 weeks doesn’t start ticking until the event takes place 

yeah, I found out that Bagley signing took place on Aug 18...which was 7 weeks after the deadline and the Nick Spencer signing doesn't have a confirmed date yet (the deadline was also end of June), so that's 4 months actual TAT (CGC could do us all a favor and post the signing date once it happens)...I have three other books in wait for signing...I won't be using the in house service anymore, I am over this type of customer service..I will just get them signed at conventions and send them in from there. 

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 8/26/2021 at 6:44 PM, Ed Hanes said:

CGC could do us all a favor and post the signing date once it happens

THIS. @Jennifer F.

A month after the Sienkiewicz books deadline, I asked in this forum when it was happening and the non-answer response was "very soon!" That was two weeks ago. However, I was charged for the sigs & sketches right away.

I've been a premium member here for years, and will likely continue to be. All I, and others, are asking for is a little transparency with the signing schedule. 

On 8/26/2021 at 4:09 PM, Chazgee said:
On 8/26/2021 at 3:44 PM, Ed Hanes said:

CGC could do us all a favor and post the signing date once it happens

THIS. @Jennifer F.

A month after the Sienkiewicz books deadline, I asked in this forum when it was happening and the non-answer response was "very soon!" That was two weeks ago. However, I was charged for the sigs & sketches right away.

I've been a premium member here for years, and will likely continue to be. All I, and others, are asking for is a little transparency with the signing schedule. 

I don't disagree that they can and should be more transparent.

BUT I would say if its a thing that matters to a customer, you could ask CGC ahead of time (before submitting) when the signing will be and if the answer is not satisfactory (for whatever reason), don't submit and let CGC know (politely) why you're not submitting.  It helps the customer make a more informed decision AHEAD of time, and hopefully makes CGC more accountable (and lets customers hold them more accountable).  I know it shouldn't be on the customer to teach the business best practices or better customer service, but I think the benefit is tangible for all parties.

On 8/26/2021 at 5:35 PM, revat said:

BUT I would say if its a thing that matters to a customer, you could ask CGC ahead of time (before submitting) when the signing will be and if the answer is not satisfactory (for whatever reason), don't submit and let CGC know (politely) why you're not submitting.  It helps the customer make a more informed decision AHEAD of time, and hopefully makes CGC more accountable (and lets customers hold them more accountable).  I know it shouldn't be on the customer to teach the business best practices or better customer service, but I think the benefit is tangible for all parties.

I have asked that and was told that the deadlines are made a couple weeks in advance of the signings. This is to account for any kind of delay...and this has always been the case until this summer (at least for my submissions). But delays of two months are problems and what's more troubling is to advertise for a signing without agreeing to a date for that signing two months after the deadline. This indicates serious systemic issues with the company....

well, at least they have a chat board

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 8/26/2021 at 8:35 PM, revat said:

I don't disagree with this either.

Personally, when I submit books for their Private Signings, it's because I'm a fan of the writer/artist/etc and don't care if it's 4 weeks or 4 months before they sign because I'm happy to get their signature. The problem is that CGC keeps that information from us for no good reason that I can imagine. So we're left wondering, is it going to be 4 weeks or 4 months? 

As I said, I don't mind waiting, it would just be good customer service to let me know for how long.