• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oblivion Song

6 posts in this topic

Well, movie announcement today that Jake Gyllenhaal will be the lead actor and producing. The madness has already begun. Raw 1st prints and CGC 9.8's now selling for about 4X-5X what they were before the announcement. The rarer purple signed 1st print about double standard first print, and the super rare variant with only 1000 copies total printed selling for about double in a 9.8, like $1000-$1300.

On 8/24/2021 at 7:11 PM, atrocitus said:

Is it the pink or purple copy that sells for more? 

So there's a standard first print with a yellow sig at the bottom and the pink version, which I guess is rarer. The pink sells for more than the yellow. Don't know about any purple version. Then there's the Collectors Edition variant where the character is facing the reader on the cover, instead of facing away from you like in the 1st print. Only 1000 issues printed apparently, and that naturally goes for alot more.

On 8/25/2021 at 1:10 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

So there's a standard first print with a yellow sig at the bottom and the pink version, which I guess is rarer. The pink sells for more than the yellow. Don't know about any purple version. Then there's the Collectors Edition variant where the character is facing the reader on the cover, instead of facing away from you like in the 1st print. Only 1000 issues printed apparently, and that naturally goes for alot more.

Interesting I just have a couple copies of the first print cover a. You think I should drop them now or wait till we get closer to the movie

On 8/25/2021 at 10:21 AM, Wolverinex said:

Interesting I just have a couple copies of the first print cover a. You think I should drop them now or wait till we get closer to the movie

Very good question. Still early days, so might make sense to just hold. I wouldn't be surprised if prices sunk a little after this initial rise. I mean I feel that tends to always happen lol. But once like a trailer comes out in a year or two I would think, should pop up a good amount I'd imagine. Still super early in development so lot's of time for people to get excited again.