• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I'm looking into buying a book that is CGC 9.6 Curator Pedigree. I'm guessing the Pedigree is a special collection, but does it double the value? I'v never owner a pedigree conic, but the Seller is asking twice the FMV of a 9.6 so wondering if this is fair. Thanks for any info you have on this.

Personal opinion, but a book is a book.  Pedigree doesn't matter much to me and if there's a similar book for half the price, i'll go for the un-Pedigreed version every time.  The only instance in which a book coming from a collection might be of added value is if it's from the creator themself.  For example, there are some books you can get from ComicSketchArt that are "from the collection of Greg Capullo" or Scott Snyder or whomever they represent.  It's basically the creator copies the publishers give them as part of their contract, but it's still cool to have the added provenance.  If I'm not mistaken, a few books out there are from the collection of Nicolas Cage.  I'd certainly assign a premium to any Ghost Riders from his collection.

On 8/25/2021 at 3:13 PM, Mdrguy101 said:

I'm looking into buying a book that is CGC 9.6 Curator Pedigree. I'm guessing the Pedigree is a special collection, but does it double the value? I'v never owner a pedigree conic, but the Seller is asking twice the FMV of a 9.6 so wondering if this is fair. Thanks for any info you have on this.

It does not double the value

On 8/26/2021 at 7:32 PM, shadroch said:

Some pedigree sell for double guide, easily.  I'm not sure about the Curators these days but they were held in high regard when I had a few to trade.  

It does not double the value