• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New York Comic-Con Feb. 24-26, 2006 - New York City

17 posts in this topic

New York Comic-Con is coming to New York City on February 24-26, 2006

Jacob Javits Center, New York

Tickets are on sale now at www.nycomiccon.com

$25 for 1 day

$35 for weekend pass

1st 1000 people to buy their tickets online will receive an exclusive, limited edition Serenity action figure, only available at New York Comic-Con.

The exhibitor list includes all of the major companies including: Comics Guaranty, DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, the Sci-Fi Channel, Score, TOKYOPOP, VIZ, Wizards of the Coast many, many more. Top retailers, silver and golden age dealers will also be present.

The guest list and special events list will be announced soon - but these will not disappoint.

Let me know if you have any questions about this new MAJOR EAST COAST Con!

I wish you good luck with this. If I'm going to be fair, I have to say from now, you better be offering people A LOT for $25 admission. It's going to be hard to convince people to come to a show in February in Winterized New York and expect them to fork over $25 (which is a lot of the people you want to draw) a day. Hopefully, there will also be an extremely impressive guest list.

That said, I wish you the very best of success, and I hope for a well run smooth convention.

Given the complaints I often hear from your average collector (and I would not say the collectors here are your "average" collector) I mention the cost as an issue -- but it is New York, the venue is a very nice one. Let's hope this goes smoothly, cause if this grows, I'd love to see a major, major New York show hit the scene and become a raging success!

Very interesting. A "trade only" day?

"Trade & Consumer Press, Media, Distributors, Chain Buyers, Licensing Companies, Educators, and Retailers are invited to attend New York Comic-Con on Friday, February 24 for a day dedicated just to the trade."

Is there set up on that day? Who gets to come? Does the average Joe Schmoe shelling out $25 get to see the books before the trade does?

Over the next few weeks New York Comic-Con will be posting some major announcements including show features and guests. These announcements will be big news, especially for a first year convention. When I can make this news public, it will be on www.nycomiccon.com and I will also post it here as well.

As for set up, this will occur before the Friday of the show. Members of the professional trade are invited to attend New York Comic-Con for exclusive professional trade time on Friday before it is opened up to the fans. Professional trade, for our purposes, is defined as Retailers (as approved by Diamond), Licensing Agents, Dealers, Librarians and Educators. Editorial media will also be invited for the professional trade time. Anyone interested in applying for Professional Trade Status may do so at www.nycomiccon.com

Found it. http://209.198.111.165/thebeat/archives/2005/10/mcfarland_a_goh.html#more

October 27, 2005

McFarland a Go at NY Comic-Con

Controversial and outspoken cartoonist/toy king Todd McFarlane will be making a rare comics convention appearance at next February's inaugural New York Comic-con. He'll also be the subject of an art exhibit at MoCCA. Details in press release:

Spawn creator Todd McFarlane is slated to be a guest of honor at New York Comic-Con, February 24-26, 2006 at the Jacob Javits Center. In addition, he will participate in a panel discussion with other artists and industry experts, and will be present for as-yet-unscheduled autograph signing sessions. The McFarlane Companies will have a strong presence at the convention, with members of the Spawn creative team manning an exhibit booth, visiting with attendees and showcasing upcoming product releases.

Sure glad that I reserved early. Looks a lot more interesting already.

The NYCC site now has a preliminary guest list which scrolls (much too quickly) on its main page, but it doesn't have it on the "GUESTS" page yet. I've taken it upon myself to view the page source and will just cut-and-paste it here, to save you guys the trouble of sitting through the side scroll:

Dan Berger, Rick Bertanovich, Brendan Burford, Michael Cavallaro, Philip Chan, Jeff Chandler, Philip Clark, Kevin Colden, Wes Craig, Jim Doogan, Mike Dooley, Steve Ellis, Robert Garrett, Elizabeth Genco, Randy Gentile, Mike Getsiv, Sam Girdich, Greg Horn, Paul Michael Kane, Peter Laird, Steve Lavigne, Jim Lawson, Mike Lilly, <b>Todd McFarlane</b>, Christian Montalvo, Keith Murphy, Steve Murphy, Ken Okabayashi, JC Padilla, Jason Park, <b>Joe Quesada</b>, Michael Renzine, Paolo Rivera, Daniel Salgo, Stephen Silver, Rick Spears, Mark Stancil, Jim SU, Eric Talbot, Steve Uy, Samuel Vera, Dexter Vines, Sean Wang, Brian Wood

I'm sure they'll have something easier to read up soon enough...

- Bill

$25, yikes, they'd better be handing out more than just copies of the ditko book from the late 60s that there's apparently a skid of 70K of sitting around.

anyone remember what the shows at javitz cost last time they did them in the mid-90s?

$25 is too much. Period.

There's nothing that you could do to make the show worth that much to me as a vintage comic collector. I don't think I'm speaking for myself alone when I say that this price should be reconsidered.