• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181 please grade
3 3

13 posts in this topic

Sorry for the lame photos but can try and add more.  Really pretty clueless about grading and if pressing this would help.  Seems a small piece of the corner came off when I took it out of the bag to scan (ugh) after it has sat for about 30 years.  Yellowish pages.  No other damage internally I could find.  Color seems good?  Maybe pressing would help align it a little better?  Thanks.  1292197258_hulk181frontcloseuptopcrop.thumb.jpg.a959c461b61317db265110fac34ef8c9.jpg

Hulk 181 back bottom crop.jpg

Hulk 181 back top crop.jpg

Hulk 181 back.jpg

hulk 181 front bottom crop.jpg

hulk 181 front.jpg

Edited by bret gregg
adding info

On 8/30/2021 at 7:34 PM, JollyComics said:

Brittle pages?  MVS intact?

Hi.  MVS intact and pages are not brittle, but clearly showing some yellowing.  I didnt want to close the scanner cover on the pages and create a crease.  

4.0/4.5

I'm not seeing anything a press would improve but certainly a cleaning will help.

Is that discoloration on the back cover a stain?

Thanks for posting.

On 8/31/2021 at 7:52 AM, grendelbo said:

4.0/4.5

I'm not seeing anything a press would improve but certainly a cleaning will help.

Is that discoloration on the back cover a stain?

Thanks for posting.

I don't see any staining and shouldn't have ever been any water.  I am considering getting a few books cleaned once a local company in Los Angeles is available in September before I submit for grading.  Thanks for the reply.