• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Adventures' Black Widow by Colan/Everett - SWEET!

10 posts in this topic

I've never been a huge Black Widow fan, in fact I had never seen the Amazing Adventures stories until I was listing some early bronze on ebay this week (AA #s 4-9).

The Gene Colan pencils with Bill Everett inks made me stop and read these Black Widow issues since she looked pretty hot! The stories weren't bad either, but hubba-hubba on the art!

Who's a fan of this lovely lady?

yay.gif

Ahhh, I remember being in 2nd grade, when the school nurse gave me a pile of comics, including a DD issue in which Natasha is in jail and is forced to take a shower. Definitely was overstimulating to your average 7 year-old. I know it was Colan, and am pretty sure it was Everett. Still have the coverless rag of a book, along with copies of Hot Stuff Sizzlers and Bunny.

Scott (FFB) is the biggest fan I know - he plunked down some serious cake to Doug Schmell for her first app. a very very tough book in HG by all accounts.

I always liked Vampi and the Black Cat myself. 36_3_4.gif