• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea PINS (1st inline/1st to buy/still didnt get em)
1 1

69 posts in this topic

Store owner said I could post his reply to me:
As a dealer I cannot access that post directly. I am the owner of the company. And I have spoken to the staff. First, as has happened in the past we did not receive them there (our other store received theirs). Second, the person was told by a staff member, off the cuff, that they had no idea where they were (only the manager knew they had not been received) and said "maybe" they had been distributed to an online purchase (not sold) of the comic (which was incorrect and not the way to answer). He also made some assumption that even after being told we didn't have them that he was told he would get them. I would be more than happy to go into detail about how much we abhor the way these promotions are done by Bad Idea. We distributed the other buttons one per person to the first people who paid for the "Final 5" promotion Bad Idea made us sell. We are a store that goes out of their way to support our customers, especially the weekly return ones, but when a publisher creates a no-win situation like this stupid button one it literally becomes a nightmare. Being combative, argumentative, and pushy literally puts the brakes on our ability to work with someone. I hope this sheds some light on our position, but he never had the chance to get one of the buttons because the store did not get them; treating the situation with understanding of our position and civility would have been his correct course of action.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:34 PM, kav said:

As a dealer I cannot access that post directly. I am the owner of the company. And I have spoken to the staff. First, as has happened in the past we did not receive them there (our other store received theirs). Second, the person was told by a staff member, off the cuff, that they had no idea where they were (only the manager knew they had not been received) and said "maybe" they had been distributed to an online purchase (not sold) of the comic (which was incorrect and not the way to answer). He also made some assumption that even after being told we didn't have them that he was told he would get them. I would be more than happy to go into detail about how much we abhor the way these promotions are done by Bad Idea. We distributed the other buttons one per person to the first people who paid for the "Final 5" promotion Bad Idea made us sell. We are a store that goes out of their way to support our customers, especially the weekly return ones, but when a publisher creates a no-win situation like this stupid button one it literally becomes a nightmare. Being combative, argumentative, and pushy literally puts the brakes on our ability to work with someone. I hope this sheds some light on our position, but he never had the chance to get one of the buttons because the store did not get them; treating the situation with understanding of our position and civility would have been his correct course of action.

Dang @kav you really tried to remedy this. 

On 9/10/2021 at 2:48 PM, kav said:

I dont know the mechanics of how it works but i know someone who owns a comic shop and he related that they have to receive books they have no choice in.

No store owner has to order a product, esecially from a small compay like this.

Edited by shadroch

On 9/10/2021 at 5:48 PM, kav said:

I dont know the mechanics of how it works but i know someone who owns a comic shop and he related that they have to receive books they have no choice in.

Lol, no.

The whole "distributed to an online purchase" is very confusing.

As some have stated, I don't see how this is Bad Idea's fault.

Edited by ygogolak

On 9/11/2021 at 8:53 AM, shadroch said:

No store owner has to order a product, esecially from a small compay like this.

I dont remember the details but it was something about the distributor and having to take books sight unseen if you wanted other books.

On 9/10/2021 at 11:12 AM, Wolverinex said:

Out the store.  @kav will call them for u

I would have gotten all that info, but who would have ever thought the comic book store would screw you over.  I certainly didn't .  It never crossed my mind that the guy at the cash register would lie to me while im making a purchase from his store.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:42 PM, Wolverinex said:

Dang @kav you really tried to remedy this. 

Looked at the receipt for that purchase and guess what,  the guy put that I purchased Hero trade passive aggressive and not Monster Kill Squad or Pyrate Queen.  SEE PIC.  

No way in hell would I drive an hour away, get there a half hour before the store opens to get passive aggressive.  THAT'S JUST STUPID. This pisses me off even more.  

20210916_140952.jpg

If you don't mind could you forward this. 

Ok.  it was a thin guy with glasses and he didn't say he didn't know where they were.  He told me they had not arrived. This is why I asked him if I could call back.  He said he would save them for me.   The next day I called back and was told I wasn't the first person and someone else either pre ordered it or purchased them online.  I DIDN'T MAKE ANY ASSUMPTION, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TOLD.  I WASN'T TOLD THEY DIDN'T HAVE THEM, I WAS TOLD THEY DIDN'T COME IN YET.  EITHER OR I WAS THE FIRST BUYER REGARDLESS. 

I SPECIFICALLY ASKED WHEN I COULD GET THEM AND THE GUY TOLD ME I COULD COME BACK AND HE WOULD SAVE THEM FOR ME.  THERE'S NO MISUNDERSTANDING OR ASSUMPTION.  THAT'S WHAT THE GUY SAID.  NOW THIS OWNER IS THEORIZING A CONVERSATION THAT HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT, UNLESS HE WAS THE PERSON I SPOKE TO. 

THERE POSITION WAS THEY DIDN'T COME IN YET/WE'LL SAVE THEM FOR YOU STRAIT TO SOMEONE ELSE WAS FIRST.  THEN GIVE ME A RECEIPT, ON THAT DAY, TO REFLECT THAT I ACTUALLY PURCHASED PASSIVE AGGRESSIV INSTEAD OF MONSTER KILL SQUAD AND PYRATE QUEEN, AS IF I DROVE AN HOUR TO THIS STORE AND WAITED OUTSIDE A HALF HOUR, WAS THE FIRST INSIDE JUST TO BUY PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE.  THATS NONSENSE.  HE WAS EITHER IN ON IT OR BLIND DEAF AND DUMB.

DON'T BLAME IT ON BAD IDEA WHEN THE PROBLEM IS YOUR SHADY BUSINESS.  THIS WAS THE PROMOTION THAT WAS SIMPLE TO FOLLOW, BUT IT'S MY OPINION THAT SOMEONE THERE IS A SHADY CROOK.

AND YOU TRYING TO MAKE UP FACTS THAT JUST DIDN'T HAPPEN SHOWS YOUR DECEIT.

AGAIN, I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WAS SAID TO ME, YOU DON'T, UNLESS IT WAS YOU ALL THE TIME AND NOW YOUR JUST TRYING TO COVER YOUR !!!

THAT'S A BUNCH OF BULL.  IF IT WASN'T HIM I SPOKE TO, THEN HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT WAS SAID AND TO SAY I MADE AN ASSUMPTION, ! I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WAS SAID TO ME AND IT'S WHAT I POSTED.  THE GUY TOLD ME HE WOULD SAVE THEM FOR ME.  

COME ON MAN! REALLY! "HE WOULD SAVE THEM FOR ME"

THAT'S NOT AN ASSUMPTION MAN. THAT'S A STATEMENT

I think it would be fun to make your own pin.  Make it out of cardboard and cover it with gold foil from a chocolate bar.

Then wear it to a comic con.

Imo, those pins are pieces of junk and not worth the angst they are causing.

I looked for them on fleaBay, saw some vastly overpriced pieces from Bad Idea.  In addition to those I found real pins that I thought were much cooler:

Screenshot_2021-09-16-14-58-32~2.png

Can't find a number.  is this the correct address for bad idea:

5455 S Fort Apache rd
Suite 108-154
Las Vegas, NV 89148-6416

or is it

Cincinnati Kid LLC
PO Box 811938
Los Angeles, CA 90081

one is to mail the pins to and the other looks to be like a parent company, so I'm not sure what address I should write to.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:05 PM, Turnando said:

I think it would be fun to make your own pin.  Make it out of cardboard and cover it with gold foil from a chocolate bar.

Then wear it to a comic con.

Imo, those pins are pieces of junk and not worth the angst they are causing.

I looked for them on fleaBay, saw some vastly overpriced pieces from Bad Idea.  In addition to those I found real pins that I thought were much cooler:

Screenshot_2021-09-16-14-58-32~2.png

everything is junk, but we'd all rather have our junk be worth something.  i'd gladly make my own pin if I thought they would be worth anything.  if i do would u give me 400 for one

On 9/6/2021 at 7:50 AM, Nic8612 said:

Went to eBay to check out whatever these are. These goofy things are selling for hundreds of dollars. Seems like it would be WAY too easy to fake these

Screenshot_20210906-074935_eBay.thumb.jpg.433dd026a7c752c0aedbd318e8827a02.jpg

u just said it.  now do u see why i'm pissed.  I go there to pick up a couple hundred dollars and they give me $7 and keep the couple hundred for themselves.

Nobody kept a couple hundred bucks.  That pin is garbage. There is lots of junk on eBay looking for suckers to buy it.

If all you care about is the money you could have gotten from some sucker on eBay I definitely don't feel as sorry for you as I did when I first saw you losing your mess over a piece of garbage.

On 9/10/2021 at 7:02 AM, Ryan. said:

Dinesh is a board member. PM him.

Some may laugh but I have him as a friend on FB and recently got hacked and mass messages got sent out. He got one from me and replied within a couple hours. We had never spoke before.