• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea PINS (1st inline/1st to buy/still didnt get em)
1 1

69 posts in this topic

Just had a bad experience with bad idea comics.  Yesterday morning September 1, 2021I purchased Monster Kill Squad 1 and Pyrate Queen at BEYOND COMICS 18749 N Frederick Ave, Gaithersburg, MD 20879 at 10am.  I was the first one in the door and the first one to purchase these books.  I asked for the 2 pins.  I was told they didnt come in yet.  After a pause I noticed the guy wasn't saying anything, so I said well can I get them later.  He said sure just call back and we'll save them for you.  I said ok.

I called this morning September 2, 2021 at approximately 1010 am to inquire about the pins.  I was told someone bought them before you.  I said nah, I was the first in the door amd first to purchase, he said they were purchased through an ON LINE SALE.  I just thanks and hung the phone up.   IM PISSED.  The email I received says the pins were only to be gotten from physically being in the store to purchase the book.  I would like to know why I didnt get the pins from this store if I was the first to make the in store purchase. I pre ordered the from another store.  I called that store and was told the forat person showed up and already got the pins.  I said, but I pre ordered them a few days ago.  He said yea, but I had to physically be here to purchase. I said yea, that's what I thought and that was the end of the conversation.  

So there's something shady goin on here and I have no problem blowin this thing up through social media cause I just got screwed.  

Does anyone have any recourse I can take.  I've already stated my case to the bad idea contact email.  I played the game by the rules.  And I want my d@%n pins.  I earned em

On 9/2/2021 at 9:50 AM, juniorMC said:
Just had a bad experience with bad idea comics.  Yesterday morning September 1, 2021I purchased Monster Kill Squad 1 and Pyrate Queen at BEYOND COMICS 18749 N Frederick Ave, Gaithersburg, MD 20879 at 10am.  I was the first one in the door and the first one to purchase these books.  I asked for the 2 pins.  I was told they didnt come in yet.  After a pause I noticed the guy wasn't saying anything, so I said well can I get them later.  He said sure just call back and we'll save them for you.  I said ok.

I called this morning September 2, 2021 at approximately 1010 am to inquire about the pins.  I was told someone bought them before you.  I said nah, I was the first in the door amd first to purchase, he said they were purchased through an ON LINE SALE.  I just thanks and hung the phone up.   IM PISSED.  The email I received says the pins were only to be gotten from physically being in the store to purchase the book.  I would like to know why I didnt get the pins from this store if I was the first to make the in store purchase. I pre ordered the from another store.  I called that store and was told the forat person showed up and already got the pins.  I said, but I pre ordered them a few days ago.  He said yea, but I had to physically be here to purchase. I said yea, that's what I thought and that was the end of the conversation.  

So there's something shady goin on here and I have no problem blowin this thing up through social media cause I just got screwed.  

Does anyone have any recourse I can take.  I've already stated my case to the bad idea contact email.  I played the game by the rules.  And I want my d@%n pins.  I earned em

Yeah, Bad Idea and their shenanigans seem like one big cluster. I buy a few of their books, but I don't go too much out of my way to get them. Too many hoops they want some people to jump through.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:50 AM, juniorMC said:

I guess you could just contact bad idea themselves and see what they say

First off I’m sorry to hear this about your experience but I’ve learned from past mistakes not to assume what I’m told is the absolute truth. Were you dealing with the shop owner or an employee? Does the shop have multiple employees?  I would have made certain before I left the store that I had made a concrete deal with the owner and maybe even gotten some sort of proof to guarantee I would I get the pins before purchasing anything. This may have been an issue of too many employees not making proper communication between each other. Regardless I’m sorry for you missing out on the pins but I most likely would not have purchased the books without a guarantee of some kind that I would be getting the pins later. 2c

On 9/2/2021 at 1:50 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

First off I’m sorry to hear this about your experience but I’ve learned from past mistakes not to assume what I’m told is the absolute truth. Were you dealing with the shop owner or an employee? Does the shop have multiple employees?  I would have made certain before I left the store that I had made a concrete deal with the owner and maybe even gotten some sort of proof to guarantee I would I get the pins before purchasing anything. This may have been an issue of too many employees not making proper communication between each other. Regardless I’m sorry for you missing out on the pins but I most likely would not have purchased the books without a guarantee of some kind that I would be getting the pins later. 2c

Wasn't in writing, but the guy did tell me they didnt come in yet and when he didn't say anything after that I'm like well can I get them later.  He said yea we'll save them for you.  Then I called the nx day and its oh they were purchased online

On 9/2/2021 at 1:53 PM, awakeintheashes said:

You can post here, but not sure if anyone but Bad Idea is going to be able to help you out. 

Already emailed them, just wanted put it out here on social media that I got screwed.

Same thing happened with my Little Orphan Annie secret decoder pin back in 1940.

Scut Farkus is still on my list.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/6/2021 at 7:50 AM, Nic8612 said:

Went to eBay to check out whatever these are. These goofy things are selling for hundreds of dollars. Seems like it would be WAY too easy to fake these

Screenshot_20210906-074935_eBay.thumb.jpg.433dd026a7c752c0aedbd318e8827a02.jpg

Now there's a good idea.