• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How bad did I just F up….?
3 3

20 posts in this topic

E1DB946F-58C0-4EED-BD8F-333C83EBB0C2.thumb.png.93af15feef5b65702bcae4f4dc8c042c.pngIdk what happened    Finger slipped.  Or negligence.     But I just put a slightly smaller than vertical 1/2” tear.  And then on side color breaking stress mark.  on my flash 139… first appearence of reverse flash.  

im in the process of sending this out for grading/slabbing soon. 

how much did I just cost myself…. In grade

D0F3FA1A-DBCE-450C-B1F2-36353F68CE25.thumb.jpeg.550ee11623aed77f34fae1e8a97cf50a.jpeg

8842CE9A-FF4E-4DD7-AC64-630EF01AA3E5.png

6A0C25B0-9C1D-44DD-8B90-321ABAB5C128.jpeg

Edited by Garra671

agreed...it may not make much of any difference if the copy is a lower mid-grade or lower grade copy...pics of entire book out of bag are a must...:foryou:

On 9/2/2021 at 8:25 PM, Amazeron said:

You’ll have to post pictures outside of the bag + back cover to get a proper grade estimate. I can’t determine it solely by the cover.

By itself, the tear will bump the book down a grade. I’m sorry about the accident.

@zzutak @Funnybooks

what really

bothers me is that it’s a actual tear.     Not just a color break.     Which worries me that it will Be graded harsher.   

I sent a flash 140 out.    With the tiniest of tear.   And I mean tiniest.   On the back cover.      I didn’t even know it was there.  

and when I read the grader notes.   They mentioned said tear.       So it makes me feel it was apart of that books grade.  (5.0) 

On 9/2/2021 at 8:55 PM, zzutak said:

If the book was a 9.0 VF/NM to begin with, the thumb crease and tear would result in a major downgrade to 6.0 FN.  But this copy already has quite a bit of wear, so the new damage has a much smaller impact.

This. I think book had 6.0 potential. With the ding? 5.0-5.5

On 9/2/2021 at 6:45 PM, zzutak said:

Before thumb crease = 5.0 VG/FN.  After thumb crease = 4.5 VG+.  Thankfully, only a minor flub.  (thumbsu

This here.

+1

Thanks for sharing. Sorry about the flub. Been there done that with all manners of handling whoopsies. You won't have this accident again, trust me.

On 9/2/2021 at 9:32 PM, Garra671 said:

I paid 400$ for it.     So if it gets a 5.0.   I will still be happy.    

just such a horrible feeling.     And to see it immortalized forever in the slab.  :(

There have been times when books I've owned were emphatically jettisoned because they were associated with a negative memory. I've never regretted it...  :foryou:

On 9/3/2021 at 9:53 AM, The Lions Den said:

There have been times when books I've owned were emphatically jettisoned because they were associated with a negative memory. I've never regretted it...  :foryou:

I've been tempted too.

Years ago I unloaded drek and some really good books for cheap because I wished I had spent money on older keys rather than modern runs. I couldn't stand to have those books around because of the regret.

On 9/7/2021 at 11:51 AM, Garra671 said:

@Galen130 

think it was higher before the creases and small tear? 

Yeah, but not by a lot.  I agree with @Funnybooks in that regard.

Edited by Galen130