• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Limited Edition Packaging (open to have graded?)

9 posts in this topic

I had been searching and searching for the chance of acquiring raw  Infinity Gauntlet comics 1-6. Buying online is such a gamble then I came across this unopened package of the entire Infinity Gauntlet series as a limited edition set (1st prints). My question to the community is do I open this up to have graded, or is the value inherent in the fact that this is a limited edition set of 10,000? What would you do? I really don't know what to do...please any advise is appreciated!  

20210902_123524.jpg.823cd618cfd246b5fcbf0c14e76f9345.jpg

On 9/3/2021 at 5:16 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The packaging here is the only "limited" item shown. The comics are not worth any more simply because they produced 10,000 plastic packages.

But is the package worth more than the individual parts?  There are people who collect multi-packs and who will certainly pay more for an unopened pack then they would for the individual raw comics. 

I've never seen this particular package before, and the companies other products don't bring much premium but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this set.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:08 AM, shadroch said:

But is the package worth more than the individual parts?  There are people who collect multi-packs and who will certainly pay more for an unopened pack then they would for the individual raw comics. 

I've never seen this particular package before, and the companies other products don't bring much premium but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this set.

I was dismissing the idea that the "limited to 10,000" means anything. I do think that all 6 comics being from the same sealed package is more attractive than other ways of acquiring raw sets.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:08 AM, shadroch said:

No

On 9/3/2021 at 9:08 AM, shadroch said:

Nope, the big draw for some multipacks is the existence of multipack-exclusive variants. Here, not so much.

On 9/8/2021 at 7:01 PM, Qalyar said:

Nope, the big draw for some multipacks is the existence of multipack-exclusive variants. Here, not so much.

Almost any sealed Whitman Marvel pack will sell for far more than it's parts sell for. Same with DC and Gold Key. I have plenty of Gold Key and Whitman books that I bought only because they were in sealed multipacks.  I regularly pay $15-20 for three Whitmans I'd pass on  if they were in a dollar box.  I'm fairly sure I'm not alone in doing so. 

Edited by shadroch

On 9/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, shadroch said:

Almost any sealed Whitman Marvel pack will sell for far more than it's parts sell for. Same with DC and Gold Key. I have plenty of Gold Key and Whitman books that I bought only because they were in sealed multipacks.  I regularly pay $15-20 for three Whitmans I'd pass on  if they were in a dollar box.  I'm fairly sure I'm not alone in doing so. 

I'd pay a slight premium for this Infinity Gauntlet set.  I love that it's representative of a period in comic book history when sets like these were sold in book stores, toy stores, and drug stores.