• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resubmitting SS Qualified
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I’m considering purchasing this book and I have a question. The book was signed twice by the same artist but only one was witnessed by CGC, so the other one is considered a defect and therefore the 9.2 qualified grade reflects the grade without that defect. Would it be possible to resubmit this slab to be pressed by CCS and then be re-graded by CGC but with a standard SS label, understanding that the new grade would reflect the unwitnessed signature as if it was just marker on the cover?

Bottom line - would I be able to resubmit the slabbed book for an SS label knowing that the book could get a lower grade?

3BF0FF98-5877-45FC-BDAB-C67D4CB38ECB.png

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. You could certainly request that the graders view the unwitnessed signature as a defect and give it a lower grade to obtain a universal label.  However, the final decision on that would be up to the graders.  Although the graders would take your wishes into consideration, there is no guarantee on the final outcome. 

Thanks!