• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Usagi Yojimbo and Bone fans out there?

93 posts in this topic

I know that most collectors seem to prefer super hero comics, I also enjoy them. However my favorite comic series through the copper age was Usagi yojimbo and Bone.

Both are very creative and quite different then any other comics. Usagi is by far my favorite comic series ever, I really enjoy the simple art work and the great story telling. I never thought I would enjoy black and white but I don't even notice it will reading each issue. Bone also was very unique and again black and white. As a saga or ongoing story I found myself dieing for the next issue so i could see what happens next. I found it very funny as well as a great adventure comic.

Anyone else here enjoy these books? If you haven't read either I suggest you try them they are great. hail.gif

Yep. I have the first 15 Usagi TPBs and I would recommend them to anyone. I read the first 20 or so Bone issues and then I stopped. I need to pick up that phonebook that reprints the whole series in one shot.

My plans for a nice Albedo 2 were foiled again. mad.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

Andy, I figured those were going to be out of your price range (isn't this book in general?), but I was a little scared of the auction. The seller would only send the same eBay photos, and said he couldn't tell the difference between the copies. Sounded a little fishy to me. Hopefully, it'll turn out for the buyer, but also given the price, I think the copies are VF at best.

My plans for a nice Albedo 2 were foiled again. mad.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

Andy, I figured those were going to be out of your price range (isn't this book in general?), but I was a little scared of the auction. The seller would only send the same eBay photos, and said he couldn't tell the difference between the copies. Sounded a little fishy to me. Hopefully, it'll turn out for the buyer, but also given the price, I think the copies are VF at best.

Yeah, I had the seller email me scans of both comics, but he just sent the same one twice. confused-smiley-013.gif I figured it was an oversight, since he seemed a bit loopy.

Yes, they are out of my price range, but a buddy of mine was going to pick up both (he needs a copy as well) and sell me one when I got the money together. Alas, it's back to the drawing board. mad.gif

Glad to see some fans. If possible i would love to see scan/pictures of the original art you guys/gals mentioned. Thanks to all.

Already had them scanned. Nothing too fancy, but still pretty cool. cloud9.gif

stan2.jpg

stan1.jpg

mine looks like that too, not exactly but a rough sketch like that. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah, that's the standard sketch Stan gives unless you ask for something specific. I think Jeff Li's looks the same as well.

Yeah, mine's similar. Done in San Diego, this year:

sd.jpg