• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan Decarlo

10 posts in this topic

Anyone else here collect Decalo Archie art.

I'm trying to get a lead on the last 4 pages of a Betty and Veronica story from issue 275. It had great sentimental value to my sisters and I. I already have the splash, and missed out on the rest of the story. Even if I can't buy the pages, I'd love to know where they are.

Anyone else here collect Decarlo Archie art.

I do (but you probably already knew that smile.gif)

I'm trying to get a lead on the last 4 pages of a Betty and Veronica story from issue 275. It had great sentimental value to my sisters and I. I already have the splash, and missed out on the rest of the story. Even if I can't buy the pages, I'd love to know where they are.

I'm impressed that you found any pages. I will keep my eye out for you though thumbsup2.gif

It was a comedy of errors. One dealer had the entire story on his website. By the time I got off my but, the splash was gone. He tried to pass on my offer to the buyer, but this never panned out. In the meantime, I let the other pages go. Shouldn't have, because, sure enough, the buyer of the splash put it up on ebay a year later. Of course, the other pages are now long gone.

The splash is great, has it all---beach scene, prominent Decarlo foreground babe, Jughead eating a hamburger, betty in a bikini, etc. I'm thrilled to have it, but want the rest of the story--it's a classic, even somewhat touching--Archie helps a lost little girl find her parents, while B&V fume because they've been misled by Jughead and believe he's two (three?)-timing them.

It was a comedy of errors. One dealer had the entire story on his website. By the time I got off my but, the splash was gone. He tried to pass on my offer to the buyer, but this never panned out. In the meantime, I let the other pages go. Shouldn't have, because, sure enough, the buyer of the splash put it up on ebay a year later. Of course, the other pages are now long gone.

The splash is great, has it all---beach scene, prominent Decarlo foreground babe, Jughead eating a hamburger, betty in a bikini, etc. I'm thrilled to have it, but want the rest of the story--it's a classic, even somewhat touching--Archie helps a lost little girl find her parents, while B&V fume because they've been misled by Jughead and believe he's two (three?)-timing them.

how about a pic of that splash?

Wow--I'm glad you asked for a pic. Turns out that, now that I'm 41, my memory truly sucks. The page is actually from Archie 275, Jughead's eating an ice cream cone, and it has both Betty and Veronica in it.

Anyway,hope you guys like it. And if anyone can find me pages from the story, I'd gladly be willing to pay more than FMV (I won't grossly overpay, though).

967285-archie275.jpg

967285-archie275.jpg.ec505ed3f0ba707cde0129e3afde815f.jpg