• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is always the argument can Hulk or Thor beat Superman.... how about Doctor Strange vs Superman
1 1

49 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2021 at 1:30 AM, grendelbo said:

He's suspectable to magic, right?

Yup.  One of his long-standing weaknesses.

The major alternative to Kryptonite.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/7/2021 at 3:55 AM, MR SigS said:

At the very least, he should be able to send him to place where there's no returning.

Strange has a dimension-spanning ability, so it would be very easy to maroon him.  More versatile than Mr Myxzptlk in that respect.

On 9/6/2021 at 6:43 PM, WEBHEAD said:

Many of the bouts that are talked about is power vs power..... how about  Magic vs Superman.   Personally I think Doctor Strange could take out the man of steel......

Benedict_Cumberbatch_as_Doctor_Strange.jpeg

Superman would disable Strange before he could even fathom which spell to cast. It's not a close decision.

On 9/7/2021 at 12:35 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Superman would disable Strange before he could even fathom which spell to cast. It's not a close decision.

There’s the possibility that Superman would initially hold back. If he was a villain, Superman would be more likely to instantly annihilate Strange. Up against Ultraman of the Crime Syndicate he’d be toast.  

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/7/2021 at 9:20 AM, Ken Aldred said:

There’s the possibility that Superman would initially hold back. If he was a villain, Superman would instantly annihilate Strange. Up against Ultraman of the Crime Syndicate he’d be toast.  

It all depends on context. I approach the "versus" format as though both characters know that the other is a foe. Under that premise, Superman breaks all of Strange's fingers (again) before he can blink.

If Strange was fighting side by side with Kal, and then randomly decides to turn on him, then there's a specific circumstance in which he could catch Superman off-guard and 'defeat' him.

Superman wins 9,999 times out of 10,000 chances.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 9/7/2021 at 9:27 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It all depends on context. I approach the "versus" format as though both characters know that the other is a foe. Under that premise, Superman breaks all of Strange's fingers (again) before he can blink.

I believe World War Hulk did just that- not in a blink though

"These are fictitious characters. The writer can do whatever he wants with them. So stop asking those bonehead questions cause I had it with that "

Stan Lee

SilverAgileCapybara-size_restricted.gif.8bcffc5ef8945dd82388a61b5dd736b7.gifmallrats-stan-lee.gif.ced53e08dcc7fbc3d453f7b62d3fd32d.gif

On 9/7/2021 at 5:55 PM, grendelbo said:

"These are fictitious characters. The writer can do whatever he wants with them. So stop asking those bonehead questions cause I had it with that "

Stan Lee

SilverAgileCapybara-size_restricted.gif.8bcffc5ef8945dd82388a61b5dd736b7.gifmallrats-stan-lee.gif.ced53e08dcc7fbc3d453f7b62d3fd32d.gif

I’m a comics nerd, not a bonehead.

On 9/7/2021 at 4:35 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Do these hypothetical battles all start Mortal Kombat style- Facing each other with a clear and definitive beginning plus complete knowledge of what the other is capable of? If so, then yeah, Superman.

EDIT: I see you later answer the "knowledge" question.

Edited by MR SigS
"Is answer question?"