• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rogue's 2nd appearance? Help, please!

27 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2021 at 12:24 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

HI, folks;

Rogue's 1st appearance (along with that of Madelyne Pryor) is Avengers Annual #10, but I was just wondering what book contain's Rogue's 2nd appearance? 

I was thinking perhaps its ROM #32?

Any help would be appreciated (thumbsu

I believe it is ROM #31 ??? 

On 9/7/2021 at 1:46 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Thanks to all who responded.

I meant to say ROM 31, but I typed 32 in error.

could be tied with uncanny x-men #158

given the choice, i'd go x-men :) 

On 9/7/2021 at 1:49 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 9/7/2021 at 1:46 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Thanks to all who responded.

I meant to say ROM 31, but I typed 32 in error.

could be tied with uncanny x-men #158

given the choice, i'd go x-men :) 

so in turn.... that would Make Rom #32 the 4th appearance 

lol:ohnoez: 

On 9/7/2021 at 3:06 PM, seredynskib said:

As others have mentioned, Uncanny X-Men #158 & Rom #31 are tied for the 2nd appearance of Rogue as both issues came out in June 1982.

Avengers Annual #10 came out in October 1981, so there was an eight month gap before Marvel brought her back.

If we only knew the release dates of X-men 158 and ROM 31.  It would be curious if both were released the same week.

On 9/7/2021 at 3:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

June, but maybe comics.org would be more precise idk

Right, but what I meant was which specific week each of the books was released.  That info may help to confirm which of the books may have been released a week or two before the other, thus confirming which one is her actual 2nd appearance.

I think we were fortunate to obtain this sort of info with Spidey 252/PPTSS 90/MTU 141 to firmly established ASM 252 as the 1st app of the black Spidey costume.

On 9/7/2021 at 2:19 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Right, but what I meant was which specific week each of the books was released.  That info may help to confirm which of the books may have been released a week or two before the other, thus confirming which one is her actual 2nd appearance.

I think we were fortunate to obtain this sort of info with Spidey 252/PPTSS 90/MTU 141 to firmly established ASM 252 as the 1st app of the black Spidey costume.

well X-men 158 has

"1st rogue in title"

on the cgc label, so it's got that going for it haha :insane: 

On 9/7/2021 at 2:26 PM, Axelrod said:

This is what Key Collector says:

So, maybe just an actual tie?

not too sure what they meant by "solicitation catalogs" I mean, like to order the book from the publisher? still it might have had a different "release", but it's food for though that perhaps just a tie (thumbsu 

I'm not too sure the workings of ordering, the app could have thought it provided "more info" but I'm not really sure that it does, doesn't clarify too much

solicitation is one thing

what ends up being the actual release date is another

It "could be" that they were both solicitated for both to be released at the same time, but then why not just say that?

why go into the solicitation at all ???

So imo doesn't clarify and just creates more questions :shy: 

Without a time machine, solicitation dates are the best we have I think. Mike's newsstand also has them both March 9.

If I recall correctly, the stories cross over and I think you might need both to get the full picture of what Rogue is doing, because the stories take place at the same time - that is, they are showing the same sequence of events from different points of view, so there's also no continuity answer to which comes first, as it's still a tie.

On 9/7/2021 at 3:02 PM, Crimebuster said:

Without a time machine, solicitation dates are the best we have I think. Mike's newsstand also has them both March 9.

If I recall correctly, the stories cross over and I think you might need both to get the full picture of what Rogue is doing, because the stories take place at the same time - that is, they are showing the same sequence of events from different points of view, so there's also no continuity answer to which comes first, as it's still a tie.

Interesting, maybe I'm also not familiar with what a "solicitation date" means in publishing, good to know :tink: 

Just asked someone I know who is an avid Rom fan and has been stocking up on issue 31's for awhile about this. He says the following.

"So I looked through that ROM #31.  It has Rogue breaking the Brotherhood out of prison after the events of Avengers Annual. No references made to X-Men 158.  The checklist is interesting.  They aren't alphabetical, but laid out more or less by release date throughout the month (week over week). It has ROM and X-Men right in top of each other.  I'm thinking they were released the same week."

Screenshot_20210908-212636_Gallery.jpg