• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading impact on fold/ crease on cover (non color breaking)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hello forum!

I have spent time trying to determine what the impact to grading a fold (non color breaking) on a cover would have before I submit my comic.  I found resources about creases that color break, or fold that are small, but nothing I have found with this scenario. 

As you can see, the fold doesn't actually color break when looking at the comic strait on. But if I angle and reflect, you can see the fold..  

Thanks,

Brandon

IMG-0338.jpg

IMG-0339.jpg

I've wondered that myself.  Obviously the length and severity of the bend will make a difference on the final grade.  
This kind of defect is the perfect candidate for pressing, which may get rid of the bend entirely.  
However, since I don't like the idea of waiting a year to get my book back, I don't get my books pressed.  

It would likely completely press out. The color-breaking crease directly below it on the comic's bottom edge is going to impact the grade more.

On an otherwise perfect book a crease this size (~3") would probably knock it down 2-2.5 grades.