• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Windy City Pulp Convention!
2 2

23 posts in this topic

The amount of material here is incredible.  I’m going to post pictures as we go but @Stevemmg has brought the deep well of magazines.  Highlights include Vampirella 1, 5 copies of Eerie 23, multiple copies many issues.

I’ll post as we go.

On 9/12/2021 at 3:34 PM, OtherEric said:

Looking for that one myself once I finish paying off the Vampirella #1

I got this one from Andrew's recent sale for a good price... it does have a little color touch, but that dropped a zero off the end :bigsmile: I'm not used to seeing three in one spot. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

GC BLAZING COMBAT 1 ct.jpg

On 9/12/2021 at 2:32 PM, jimjum12 said:

What were the grades and prices on these three ? GOD BLESS...

ED9VtfM.jpg

I think they were 6.0, 4.0, and and apparent 8.0.  Send @Stevemmg a PM and he'll know prices.  You guys would have gone crazy on his stuff.  It was like one of his sales threads with even better deals.  2000 magazines (most in higher grades) is kind of hard to wrap your head around.  Multiple copies of the Vampirella Special, multiple copies of the Blazing Combat Anthology, Frazetta National Lampoons.  One guy pulled what is without a doubt $150 (might have been $300 depending on a couple grades) worth of Marvel mags for $36 out Steve's $3 boxes.  Another dealer must have purchased 120 high grade Warrens.    

Tom from Midway Books in St. Paul brought a lot of great stuff including early Creepys and Eeries.

On 9/12/2021 at 12:43 PM, jimjum12 said:

I got this one from Andrew's recent sale for a good price... it does have a little color touch, but that dropped a zero off the end :bigsmile: I'm not used to seeing three in one spot. GOD BLESS...

GC BLAZING COMBAT 1 ct.jpg

Oh my.....

Surely I could make it worth his time. He could just fly to my home. I'll feed him, give him a room , and buy a few thousand dollars worth of books. Heck I'll even pay for the round trip ticket to California. 

You wanna go to Disneyland Steve? I can make that happen for you......😉

On 9/17/2021 at 10:01 AM, manetteska said:

I had no idea you were setting up; is this your first time as a dealer?

I maybe would have paid the crazy entry fee if I knew.

Steve usually does a show every 5 years or so but it had been a long time since his last one (12 years?).  It's a lot of work to prep and organize everything beforehand, and then there's the show itself and the breakdown after.  

Unless something unexpected happens, there'll be another Windy City in May (this year was delayed for obvious reasons).  If enough people are coming for magazines, maybe we can get Steve to set up again?  hm

On 9/17/2021 at 5:47 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Steve usually does a show every 5 years or so but it had been a long time since his last one (12 years?).  If enough people are coming for magazines, maybe we can get Steve to set up again?  hm

I have seen Steve before with his vintage comics and stacks of higher grade mags at SDCC and Portland, Oregon pre-Wizard cons.