• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics 1
3 3

103 posts in this topic

Only time will tell. We need an unrestored that presents well to come to auction.   30 unrestored copies and 63 total… So rare. Also its book that is usually held for a long time. So we havent seen many come to market.

I think it of it as always as a  3rd  place after AC1 and TEC27

With Submariner and maybe Torch the golden age being introduced to the MCU… And maybe a nod with someone reading an MC1 with Chris Evans seeing the exploits of these two

On 9/10/2021 at 2:08 PM, Straw-Man said:

sure is a lot more book than the one that sold yesterday; my head spins thinking of what the underbidder might be willing to pay for it!!

No comparison between your book and the one that just auctioned, yours is way better.  It has great registration and colors :luhv:

On 9/10/2021 at 12:52 PM, Straw-Man said:

i'm told mine will now qualify for a conserved holder; i think i'll bear that expense and do it, as should i decide to divest, it would likely help out my bottom-line.

mm1.jpg

Agreed, definitely a better positioned book for sale if changed to conserved. I’d do it 👌. Also gorgeous copy!

On 9/10/2021 at 1:25 PM, zen514 said:

Only time will tell. We need an unrestored that presents well to come to auction.   30 unrestored copies and 63 total… So rare. Also its book that is usually held for a long time. So we havent seen many come to market.

I think it of it as always as a  3rd  place after AC1 and TEC27

With Submariner and maybe Torch the golden age being introduced to the MCU… And maybe a nod with someone reading an MC1 with Chris Evans seeing the exploits of these two

I've got Marvel 1 at #3 as well.  Anyone move Bats 1 ahead of Supes 1 to the #4 spot ?

On 9/10/2021 at 5:53 PM, Chicago Boy said:

I've got Marvel 1 at #3 as well.  Anyone move Bats 1 ahead of Supes 1 to the #4 spot ?

For me yes, but monetary wise, I think Supes 1 will outsell Bats 1 in any grade. Just harder to find than Bat 1 and first title given solely to a Superhero in a comic book. But I do love me some Joker in Bats 1 (:

On 9/10/2021 at 9:05 PM, Dark Knight said:

For me yes, but monetary wise, I think Supes 1 will outsell Bats 1 in any grade. Just harder to find than Bat 1 and first title given solely to a Superhero in a comic book. But I do love me some Joker in Bats 1 (:

As census numbers pick up for Supes 1 (and they have over the last 5 years by quite a bit) I see the 2 getting closer and closer to each each other. Will be interesting to see where the 1.0 at Goldin ends up.  Wasn't;t doing to well last I checked but there was a lot of time left (eye appeal wasn't the best ) 

On 9/11/2021 at 8:24 AM, Ameri said:

Just a matter of time when it will be the #1 book (again). 

overstreet 1980c.JPG

Many of those books are worth more than 100x guide 40 years ago, that's pretty amazing.  Those are prices for NM- right?  Showcase 4 jumped from $450 to $800 in a year, what a move! lol

AF 15 $450 

Tec 27 $4500