• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stores for Collectors

23 posts in this topic

Greetings From Norway!

I started recently to collect Spider-Man and Fantastic Four and I will try to get them all in good quality. I used to love theese magazines when I was younger and now I finaly have the econemy to do some serious collecting.

So far I have bought them with Mile High Comics (MARVEL sale + 20% off for nice members). I am also aware of Ebay but Im scared to be tricked on the quality.

If any have pointers to other stores and online marketplaces I will be very thankfull. Also I wonder if other people like Mile High as well? Last question is if there is any place where you can see the "true price" for the silver age comics.

Thank you for your time!

All the best,

Rob

Greetings From Norway!

Welcome to the boards!

If any have pointers to other stores and online marketplaces I will be very thankfull.

Check the thread at the top the Marketplace forum for a list of forum members and their current Ebay sales. I've never had a bad transaction with a forum member. I'd say your safe dealing with people here about 99% of the time.

Also I wonder if other people like Mile High as well?

I don't like them and many here feel that way also. Just search "Mile High" using the boards search function and you'll get a good idea how a lot of us feel and why we feel that way.

Last question is if there is any place where you can see the "true price" for the silver age comics.

I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Last question is if there is any place where you can see the "true price" for the silver age comics.

Hi Rob. You may want to search the completed auctions on eBay to see what examples of the books you're interested in have been selling for on the open market. It's a good gauge of online activity as long as you discard the more questionable auctions.

Hello and welcome to the boards.

Check the link to my eBay store in my sig.

I have a bunch of Silver - Age FFs for at 40% off guide.

I ship worldwide! flowerred.gif

Hi Guys!

Thanks for quick reply's! I understand allready that I need to look closer into EBAY.

With true price I ment market-price and thanks again for all the links.

Oldguy, could you very shortly explain the negatives with Mile High? I seached and read but there was so many hits. Remember I'm a not experienced yet in this.

Thanks again for the help.

All the best,

Rob

From what I hear about mile high they are OK on modern stuff but for older books they way over grade alot, and charge top dollar for everything.

The other thing.... I learned a TON from these guys... They can smell a fart in an out house... ( I hope that translates OK ) on the other boards, I have learned a ton of what to look for in a shady auction.

These guys can find a fake auction, stolen scans, shady deals and insane prices of high end books in ways that amaze me. Stick around keep reading the boards....

I have bought books from a few of the people on here, sold to a few... NEVER had any issues. When someone from here does get ripped off by someone there is a post. I have seen one or two posts about transactions gone bad between folks on here, but it gets resolved quickly...

Anyway... Keep posting asking questions, and Welcome....

Welcome to the boards thumbsup2.gif

Stick around and get comfortable! There is a lot of information tucked away in these here threads!

If you happen to change your mind on the eBay thing, have a look at my Auctions and Store 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have many more ASM and FF issues that I have to post but haven't found the time...

I am always happy to sell to a forum member grin.gif

Good luck and happy collecting!

JG

Oldguy, could you very shortly explain the negatives with Mile High?

Aces said it best (and short):

"From what I hear about mile high they are OK on modern stuff but for older books they way over grade alot, and charge top dollar for everything."

"You guys are like a bunch of OMACS circling wonder women"

do you have any idea how expensive it is to keep a Baby Blob in diapers or what a second bedroom for him in Manhattan is going to cost me?

if i can help our nordic friend find the comics he wants at the prices he's willing to pay....