• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are there comic books printed in Telugu?

9 posts in this topic

I am trying to learn Telugu (a Dravidian language), and I'm wondering whether there are any comic books printed in Telugu. The language is spoken in the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh over in India.

Has anyone ever seen a comic book printed in Telugu -script? I know that there must be some board members here who have been over to Hyderabad on business at one time or another . . . 

Edited by jimbo_7071

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: The only one I'm personally aware of is Menstrupedia Comic, an 88-page square bound educational comic (crowdfunded, and then sponsored in part by Stayfree), targeted at 9 year old girls in an effort to break south Asian cultural taboos about menstruation that often interfere with proper medical care. It has been printed in quite a few languages. I know that English, Chinese, Hindi, Telugu, and Nepali are among them. Likely others.

That... is almost certainly not what you actually meant, but it's the best I can do off the top of my head. 

I have a few different keys from India but not sure if any are in the language your looking for.. most of the Indian comics were printed in many native languages including English, I have more examples but don’t have pics currently.. fun books for sure

F7F1540A-27B9-4CCA-82C9-3ACE54641D8B.jpeg

44623A27-8143-4EF3-B45F-8248C4BFABB2.jpeg

0D50A9DA-15D1-4361-B57F-B48029CF66E6.jpeg

On 9/20/2021 at 8:37 PM, steve566 said:

I have a few different keys from India but not sure if any are in the language your looking for.. most of the Indian comics were printed in many native languages including English, I have more examples but don’t have pics currently.. fun books for sure

F7F1540A-27B9-4CCA-82C9-3ACE54641D8B.jpeg

44623A27-8143-4EF3-B45F-8248C4BFABB2.jpeg

0D50A9DA-15D1-4361-B57F-B48029CF66E6.jpeg

"you can't get away choose the type of your death" :whatthe:

Indian Spiderman is hardcore.

There’s also a foreign language variant thread if you dig around a bit.  If you ask there, you may find some aid, or just postings of what you’re looking for

On 9/21/2021 at 10:18 AM, steve566 said:
On 9/20/2021 at 8:22 PM, Qalyar said:

"you can't get away choose the type of your death" :whatthe:

Indian Spiderman is hardcore.

Haha yea, i'm not sure the Indian publisher realized he was supposed to be a hero and not a villain

smartmouth teenager wears a disguise and beats up poor people around the city while leaving weird web-waste everywhere.  Indian publisher really sides with JJJ

On Facebook there’s a group called Cartoonist Kayfabe Ringside Seats and there’s an Indian dude in there posting Indian comics all the time. I think mostly in Hindi but that would definitely be the guy to ask

Edited by dupont2005