• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your pile?
3 3

68 posts in this topic

Of unread comics you dirty birds :makepoint:

I'm about 2+ weeks behind on moderns and a good 40 issues to read of silver and bronze I've been picking up. Never seem to be able to clear it out completely.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:20 PM, universal soldier said:

I'm about 2+ weeks behind on moderns and a good 40 issues to read of silver and bronze I've been picking up. Never seem to be able to clear it out completely.

way behind.  maybe like a 2 foot stack.  :sorry:

On 9/22/2021 at 8:55 PM, Artboy99 said:

10,000 books+ behind. 

I will never read it all and yet I keep buying more TPB's and hardcovers. And in just TPB and hardcovers I am over 100 behind...

I know the feeling!

I read the first couple of Nice House on the Lake before deciding to just wait until I had them all, so that will be awhile. Also haven't read any of The Joker series yet, it's just piling up for now. To this point, I had every cover on my pull list (probably dumb), but I'm just going to get one copy going forward...

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 9/22/2021 at 9:48 PM, Turnando said:

I mostly read TPBs and graphic novels.

This is the stack on the night stand.  Akira and the Mouse Guard books.

I need to pick up an Akira 6 soon so I can take a few days off and sit and read the whole thing.

よう! Good taste in manga. Akira truly is a masterpiece. If you haven't read it yet check out Vagabond. Awesome series about the fictionalized biography of a real Samurai named Miyamoto Musashi, art style is incredible as well.

xpqk5wnilrr01.png

On 9/23/2021 at 1:10 AM, GoodOlSmokey said:

よう! Good taste in manga. Akira truly is a masterpiece. If you haven't read it yet check out Vagabond. Awesome series about the fictionalized biography of a real Samurai named Miyamoto Musashi, art style is incredible as well.

xpqk5wnilrr01.png

20210923_012104.jpg.45994cf891c416d8bc425fb7a14a4fbb.jpg

Went and got my box out

On 9/23/2021 at 12:20 AM, universal soldier said:

Nice problem to have! I'm almost there, for once. Just need to read the Stainless Steel Rat #1 I found in a flea market recently and I'm up to date!

Just the sheer amount of material I’ve obtained digitally via Comixology sales and Humble Bundle is staggering, running into thousands.  Take the latter, a graphic novel bundle containing close to 100 books, easily the equivalent of 500 comics, a bundle containing a complete run of Walking Dead, near 200 items.

An overwhelming volume of (unread) reading material.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:57 AM, Pitboss said:

They found your Triceratops under my Brontosaurus pile. 

An Everest analogy would be better for me.

I've been working remotely for 3 months now and was already about a month or two behind before I left home.  So I'm about 4 months behind now, plus there were a few series I put off until fully collected because I thought they would read better if I didn't have to wait a month between each issue.  Stuff like Strange Adventures, Death Metal (or whatever that follow up series was called), etc.