• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this TOS #65 - worth slabbing to sell?

10 posts in this topic

7.0; don't slab. These books are common in the higher grades such as 9.2.

19 books in CGC 9.2 or higher. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Tales of Suspense #65

GPA says 8.0 will net you $100. 7.5 will get $65. So depends on what you grade it at and what you paid for it.

Dan

Be careful with those statistics as a lot of people probably haven't sent in a non-key Marvel (even if it is in NM shape) to get graded...and it's especially common in FN/VFish range.

That being said, you could send it in economy but I'd say it's probably not worth it unless you got the book for free (or close to it).

7.0; don't slab. These books are common in the higher grades such as 9.2.

19 books in CGC 9.2 or higher. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Tales of Suspense #65

GPA says 8.0 will net you $100. 7.5 will get $65. So depends on what you grade it at and what you paid for it.

Dan

Be careful with those statistics as a lot of people probably haven't sent in a non-key Marvel (even if it is in NM shape) to get graded...and it's especially common in FN/VFish range.

That being said, you could send it in economy but I'd say it's probably not worth it unless you got the book for free (or close to it).

Oww. tonofbricks.gif First common in high grade. Then non-key!? Tough crowd. No love for the Red Skull! flowerred.gif

Dan

I bought it 10 years ago for $24. My guess is it would grade in the 7.0-7.5 range - but could get an 8.0 on a lucky day. Raw on ebay as a VF- I guessing that it wouldn't sell for much more than $40, but it's probably not worth slabbing if GPA is only $25 higher - and that's if it graded at 7.5. Maybe I'll just keep it.

On a related note- I've decided to send a few books to CGC for the first time - and what is the preferred way to arrange return shipping - the CGC site is vague on this other than to say they won't provide insured shipping themselves. It seems going the Collectors Society coupon route is the best way to submit for the first time - I'm thinking of sending a lower grade FF #1, a ToS #66 I'd call a 9.2 and an All-Winners #21 I'd call a VG+ all for resale - any opinions on the added value of slabbing any of these?