• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinite Crisis Pages...

17 posts in this topic

I was disappointed on the number of patch panels on pages I was looking at. Overall I wasn't too impressed with Phil's work on this compared to some of his previous stuff. The asking prices made my decision very easy...

I think Spencer realized that he no longer wanted to be a warehouse for the secondary art market and decided to cut out the middleman(himself!) and charge what he thought people would be asking after they bought the pieces from him in the past.

Anyone buying/observing the OA market in the past year will agree that the market has continued to change quickly and 'good deals' are harder and harder to find...

Hey guys,

I just saw the pages on Beck's site. I've got my eye on one, but I dunno if I want to pony up for the asking price. Anybody going to get any of it?

Got a link to the site?

Last page is the only page I'd be interested in. But, not at that price!!!!! 893whatthe.gif

Just reinforces how great a deal those Identity Crisis pages were in Philly. cloud9.gif

Hell yeah. I prefer Morales to Jimenez by a pretty wide margin. Should have bought a few of those IC pages foreheadslap.gif

Ares - The site is www.theartistschoice.com

Click the Phil Jimenez link on the main page.

Hell yeah. I prefer Morales to Jimenez by a pretty wide margin. Should have bought a few of those IC pages

I'll trade mine to you for a Morpheus. tongue.gif

Spencer has more pages on the site than Rags had at the show. Definite bump in prices though. Mine would prob be on the site for 175-250 each.

The Deathstroke battle sequence is up 6K from what Rags was selling for at the show. 893whatthe.gif

I was disappointed on the number of patch panels on pages I was looking at.

It's called storytelling. I'm pretty sure that was more important to this artist than the retail value of his art. sign-rantpost.gif

Wasn't commenting on the story telling aspect or what was on the artists' mind when doing a page. I thought the story telling was very clear and well done. As far as owning a page for the sake of art... like what was mentioned already, very few page stood out as such. ID Crisis had more that stood out in that vein.

As far as the pricing, I don't think the prices are unreasonable for this important of a story. I just wish the panels were complete on the same page....

Obviously he doesn't want to sell his work. $14K for 14 pages? $1000 per page? Only a fool would pay that.

The entire sequence was for sale in Philly at 8K. It's an awesome sequence, but still very expensive at 8K.

Here's the first and best Infinite Crisis page. Actually, it's the mindwipe page from JLA 168 that started all this mess for the Justice League of America. Thanks to Anthony Snyder for this beauty! 961197-dillinJLA168.jpg

That is very, very nice. That's kinda where I'm at on this. At $300 + per page (I know he's got two pages @200, but...), I could buy an ok page from Crisis on Infinite Earths, or something else that ties in (All -Star Comics run with Powergirl, Showcase run with Power Girl, etc. ).

Last page is the only page I'd be interested in. But, not at that price!!!!! 893whatthe.gif

Just reinforces how great a deal those Identity Crisis pages were in Philly. cloud9.gif

3200 for a page that has grandpa Superman yeahok.gif

3200 for a page that has grandpa Superman yeahok.gif

Hahaha! 893applaud-thumb.gifThat's hilarious! sign-funnypost.gif

I know - I just can't do any of those right now at those prices...and don't get me wrong - Jiminez's stuff is nice....but this is not his best stuff.