• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Light Tan or Cream Pages

17 posts in this topic

Hi all, just wondering which is a better page quality, light tan or cream. Initially i thought light tan is worse than cream pages but i saw some slabbed pages with a Cream to Light Tan pages...so this means cream pages are worse? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif but then again to a high grade collector both are 893naughty-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif Thanks

grin.gif hi diva no relation ship to Mr. Teddie...anyway I was pertaining to PAGE QUALITY is slabbed books...usually we get OFF WHITE TO WHITE PAGES, CREAM TO OFFWHITE, LIGHT TAN TO OFFWHITE, and sometimes CREAM TO LIGHT TAN. I always consider this designation by CGC as better-best...thus White is better than off-white, offwhite is better than cream or light tan but i always consider cream better than light tan so I would imagine CGC would give it at LIGHT TAN to CREAM...and not CREAM TO LIGHT TAN...as the range of page quality goes... poke2.gif

Tan means brownish, cream means more dark whitish. I think for their designation they just went with cream first because C comes before T. i could be wrong about that but Im pretty sure about my definition of tan and cream..

yep thats the same thing i understand...so the question now goes would CGC put the range in alphabetical order? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Light tan is definately worse than cream.

I think the X TO Y designation means that the paper has a slight halo, that is, the paper around the edges may be offwhite, but more to center of the page the paper may still be white. Thus, it would get a White To Offwhite designation.

So, Light Tan to Cream would mean the edges may be lightly tanned, but the paper toward the center is cream. One must presume that the paper in the center of the book would always be better quality as it is not as exposed to oxidation and light as the edges would be.

I think the X TO Y designation means that the paper has a slight halo, that is, the paper around the edges may be offwhite, but more to center of the page the paper may still be white. Thus, it would get a White To Offwhite designation.

This may be the wione talking but I believe the paper grade goes from edge to center. So in your example of off-white edges and white center, it would be Off-White to White, as opposed to "White To Offwhite".

smile.gif

Here's a CGC grade I always hated and can never get myself to sell this book because of it. I think on the front and back page there is a very small slice of tanning on the pages and the rest is offwhite. So I get a the kiss of death in page quality. Just give me a PLOD instead sheesh. Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifsign-rantpost.gif893blahblah.gif

rrhits9.jpg

Anybody got an example of a CGC book with Light Tan to Cream pages (or vice versa)? Never seen one.

There are several comics on Heritage with Cream to Light Tan...

Is this a label typo? Perhaps it should be in the reverse order?

If the designation goes from edge to center, how can the center possibly be more oxidized (light tan) than the edges?!? I have never seen a book where the center was darker than the edges.

Anybody got an example of a CGC book with Light Tan to Cream pages (or vice versa)? Never seen one.

There are several comics on Heritage with Cream to Light Tan...

Is this a label typo? Perhaps it should be in the reverse order?

If the designation goes from edge to center, how can the center possibly be more oxidized (light tan) than the edges?!? I have never seen a book where the center was darker than the edges.

I had the same query. There were several that were Cream to Light Tan, but NONE that were Light Tan to Cream. Tres bizarre, no?