• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Studios' THE BATMAN 2 directed by Matt Reeves (2025)
2 2

84 posts in this topic

It’s a warmer, droller side of Nolan, and one I haven’t experienced before. Not that he’s prickly — he’s unfailingly polite, generous with his time and thoughtful in his responses. Yet, he’s also keenly aware of how his remarks may be misinterpreted on social media or repackaged online, which can lead him to approach certain topics gingerly. For example, when I ask him if he’s seen “The Batman,” Matt Reeves’ recent film about the Caped Crusader, Nolan says he doesn’t want to answer that question. “If I start talking about comic book movies, that would be the only thing anybody pays any attention to in the article,” he explains. He’s probably right. 

On 11/8/2023 at 4:57 PM, kimik said:

After today's rout on the stock market, WBD had better hope that the Joker 2 and Batman 2 do well at the box office when they finally come out.........

I don't know how the financial situation doesn't flow down to these sub-studios to drive even more financial demands. It would be crazy not to.

On 2/18/2024 at 8:15 AM, thegiftedone45 said:

Batman has no rules.  Seriously though they actually should've kept Hush for a later movie and adapted  Dark Victory instead for Batman 2.

There's a reason why Matt Reeves walked away from the WB offer the first time. They had to give him complete control to avoid garbage like what is happening with the DCU and legacy DC films.

On 2/17/2024 at 6:34 PM, Bosco685 said:

One of the things that executives just don't get. If you have a quality TV show based on a character, it will do very well.

If you have a quality movie come out featuring the same character while the show is going on, it will also do very well.

They really are clueless. Focus on the quality of the product. Nothing else matters as far as financial performance.

On 2/18/2024 at 7:20 AM, Bosco685 said:

There's a reason why Matt Reeves walked away from the WB offer the first time. They had to give him complete control to avoid garbage like what is happening with the DCU and legacy DC films.

And when they gave him complete control...

Spoiler

the-batman-wing-suit.gif.6ffacddb0c96250e2ad725b3baf588d8.gif