• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Studios' THE BATMAN 2 directed by Matt Reeves (2025)
2 2

84 posts in this topic

If they edit the sequel properly, make the suit look overall good, and keep Catwoman out of it... I'll give it a shot in theaters. The first one was directed visually well, with a good OST. Pattinson also has to learn how to be Bruce Wayne and either keep his shirt on or buff up.

2c

On 1/7/2023 at 12:12 AM, Bosco685 said:

I like Affleck and Bale more. But I definitely appreciated what Matt Reeves contributed to film Batman.

I like all three, though each is quite brilliant in very different ways.   Style, tone, pacing, they all give a very different feel, but the overall standard has been uniformly high across them all, thats been the key success of each of them. 

I kinda hate it when a movie uses numbers nowadays to denote sequels (rare exceptions, of course). Unless a movie was specifically designed to be a two-part story, such as when Infinity War was Parts 1 & 2, it seems patently lazy.

I understand that The Batman wasn't going to be "Part 1" because they needed to gauge fan and general audience interests, so IMO they needed to assign a creative title to this sequel. Well, maybe not "needed" lest I criticize it heavily. lol

On 10/16/2022 at 3:58 PM, D84 said:

Well he turned Riddler into the Zodiac Killer. I wonder what he'll do with Mr. Freeze. Whatever it is, it won't be like the comics.

Here is a shot on set from the first day of filming.

Jack Frost (1997) - Grave Reviews - Horror Movie Reviews

On 2/2/2023 at 9:15 AM, kimik said:

I wonder how long it took the WBD marketing team to come up with such a creative name? Does the over/under start at 6 months?

On 2/2/2023 at 9:39 AM, kimik said:

Based on how Reeves' movies are typically 30-45 mins too long, maybe it should be The Batman - Part II.V?

On 2/2/2023 at 9:47 AM, kimik said:

Here is a shot on set from the first day of filming.

Jack Frost (1997) - Grave Reviews - Horror Movie Reviews

Did you get all that out of your system?

:baiting:

Mike Flanagan Pitches Pic On Clayface To Warner Bros DC – The Dish

Word is that Flanagan and his Intrepid Pictures partner Trevor Macy had a meeting with DC Bosses James Gunn and Peter Safran. Flangan, we understand, wasn’t pitching the character to be part of Matt Reeves’ DC elseworld, The Batman 2 set for an Oct. 3, 2025 release date.

That said, other sources are telling us that scripts are constantly changing, and that Clayface is a big addition to Matt Reeves’ The Batman 2. Let’s wait until the dust settles here and something moves forward. It remains to be seen whether Clayface is a connection between The Batman 2 elseworld and Gunn and Safran’s feature and series sprawling DC’s Gods and Monsters – Chapter One.

Edited by Bosco685

zzz

What is the over/under on the number of 2nd and 3rd tier Batvillains for this film? 5? 6?

While I like Mr. Freeze as a 2nd tier character, Clayface has always kind of sucked. No need to have him included in the film. 

This is an all time classic episode: