• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Backing Boards and Supplies???

6 posts in this topic

Bugaboo- You are the man. That is the company and the site. I had placed a large order with them a year or 2 ago (10,000 bags and boards) and ran out recently. I couldn't find their # so I ordered from the supplier in the back of CBG (Bags Unlimited?). Bags were fine but the boards were not what I expected.

Hotflips had top quality at reasonable price. Thanks again for your help.

Their website says they are the originators of FLIP-N-STICK Resealable comic book bags.

I've used a few resealable poly bags, and liked em', but have since switched over to mylar for it's "archive" quality.

Any idea if RE-Sealable mylar sleeves exist, or where a person could purchased them?

It would save more time time than one might think, and a little money. Another ill characteristic of the tape I've used, is that most types tear/break too easily. I'm aware of the "archive" tape that is available, but I can't justify the difference in price over cheap tape. frown.gif

Manof Steel- I haven't heard about Re-sealable Mylar. There would definitely be a market for it though. I use bags and backing boards on my whole collection (20,000+ books). Mylar is just an option on my more expensive books.

Flipster bags were good, but it was the backing boards that I was impressed with. The were of thick stock and were white on both sides. Other backing boards were white only on one side and of thinner stock. Plus the white side wasn't that white.