• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board Error Messages and Outages
5 5

101 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello everyone,

Just a note to let you know that a technical update to the boards is coming and we are told it will resolve or heavily reduce the frequency of these errors being reported. We know this has been a source of great frustration for the community. We appreciate your patience as we've worked through these issues. I will post on this again once we nail down the exact day and time the update will run.

On 10/7/2021 at 3:53 PM, dena said:

Hello everyone,

Just a note to let you know that a technical update to the boards is coming and we are told it will resolve or heavily reduce the frequency of these errors being reported. We know this has been a source of great frustration for the community. We appreciate your patience as we've worked through these issues. I will post on this again once we nail down the exact day and time the update will run.

:headbang:

• Administrator

Update: We asked Invision to be at the ready as we make the update in case there are issues that need to be immediately addressed. We are waiting for them to confirm a date and time. Stay tuned.

On 10/12/2021 at 2:17 PM, dena said:

Update: We asked Invision to be at the ready as we make the update in case there are issues that need to be immediately addressed. We are waiting for them to confirm a date and time. Stay tuned.

More troubles here Dena:

We never got an update on when this new update was to be....

So I'm assuming this hasn't happened yet 

I thought the log in problems were because of the update that was to happen, but maybe not.

500 error messages are back for now too, along with log in problems that persist.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/496419-is-it-just-me-or-are-the-boards-a-hot-mess-of-500-errors/

Just an fyi, based on posts in this thread, it happened the same last night with 500 error messages. 

I dont know who I'm speaking to, or if dena will report back to this thread....

Lol call it wishful thinking!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator

The board update is set to happen tomorrow morning at 8am ET. 

After updating the NGC and PMG boards we found there was an issue with the remember me function. Users had to log out and clear their cookies and cache to successfully get back into the boards. There will be a brief outage later today to hopefully address that issue. We look forward to getting through the update tomorrow and handle any issues immediately.