• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s AGATHA: COVEN OF CHAOS series (2024)
5 5

113 posts in this topic

I really enjoyed WandaVision - the ending was very weak, I agree, but as good as that was, i have zero faith that Marvel can deliver the same dark edge that WandaVision produced.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

They need to either fully explain the Darkhold or ditch it.

In S.H.I.E.L.D episodes it was used by AIDA to build the Framework. It was 'found' by the Bauers, but that was about it for an origin. Last seen being taken to hell by Ghost Rider until it popped up in Cloak & Dagger.

It's been around for decades, from S.H.I.E.L.D to Cloak and Dagger and The Runaways without a real explanation of why it keeps popping up. It's almost a get-out-of-jail card when the writer gets stuck.

I thought Wanda destroyed it?

Hopefully the significance is fully explained.

On 8/10/2024 at 5:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

I'm not going to preemptively say this is going to be bad - but I'm still unsure why Marvel would dedicate all that money and effort to a character that isn't terribly interesting. IIRC she's always been a half-hearted foil to Scarlet Witch in the comics. Of course, seeing as we're left without a Scarlet Witch, would the plan be to make Agatha Harkness the resident female spellcaster in the MCU? Do I even care what the answer is to my question?

family-feud-survey-says.gif

On 9/5/2024 at 3:52 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I'm not going to preemptively say this is going to be bad - but I'm still unsure why Marvel would dedicate all that money and effort to a character that isn't terribly interesting. IIRC she's always been a half-hearted foil to Scarlet Witch in the comics. Of course, seeing as we're left without a Scarlet Witch, would the plan be to make Agatha Harkness the resident female spellcaster in the MCU? Do I even care what the answer is to my question?

family-feud-survey-says.gif

Yeah, doesn't look great.

Still obviously lots of diversity so Marvel remains on point. Or pointless. You decide.

I mean, I have no idea if this will be good or not, but there are a ton of "positive" reviews out there as well. 

I wouldn't weigh one random tweet as any kind of conclusive.